Drill baby drill

The party of "personal responsibility" seems to take f*ck-all actual personal responsibility on most matters of import these days.

God knows what Conservatives are even conserving anymore, except the right to narcissism.

Reply to
bitrex

apart from all the junk in coal, some of the energy content in oil and gas is hydrogen that doesn't make CO2 when burned

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Natural gas makes ~1/2 the CO2 of every other hydro carbon. All greenies should support the fracking of it. Oil we refine... I guess the thickest sludge goes on our roads, though I'm not really sure. Coal we just burn... huge slag (perhaps the wrong word) piles left over. Plus there's lotsa stuff in coal that goes up in smoke. you either have to pay more to remove it... or just dump it on you downwind neighbor.

But why are you even asking such a question?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

As if!

Yes. Or it makes gloppy stuff for diesels and steamships and roofing tar. Bunker C is pretty close to asphalt.

Coal makes particulates and mercury and such. And all that dust and ash. It's wrecking the air in China.

NG is cheap these days, and very clean.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

You just snip the stuff you don't want to deal with. Talk about dishonesty.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Are you? You never answer about your personal contributions to poor people or Saving The Earth.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Two words: "Cinder blocks"

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

George speaks of the crap from up north, Anthracite. Good soft coal comes from West Virginia, Bituminous... low slag and other crap content. ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

By similar reasoning, the critters in the La Brea pits must like swimming in it; lotsa extinct species represented there.

Reply to
whit3rd

Great!

I sure hope you use nothing made from petroleum or any electricity generated using oil.

Reply to
krw

Oh, the part about "kindness to the poorest people"?

I'm pretty sure that if America as it is now were to vanish off the planet tomorrow morning the world's poorest people would throw the party of all time.

I can't speak to all the reasons "why they hate us" but I am self-aware enough to realize that had I been born in say Iran rather than Massachusetts I'd probably find American "culture" to be suffocating and obnoxious.

The poorest people in the world are probably pretty tired of hustling their asses off for our crumbs by now.

Reply to
bitrex

I've heard that Iranians, especially young ones, rather like us.

The world is getting less poor, less hungry every year.

lunatic fringe electronics

The Gulf of Mexico is not much like some parking lot in LA.

lunatic fringe electronics

He must be typing on a pedal-powered PC.

lunatic fringe electronics

There's already a big enough problem with properly treating the contaminated water that's left over at sewage plants, following the SOP of industry making a big mess and then leaving the public to clean it up.

Why not just use partially treated sewage as a fracking fluid to begin with? Just blast that fetid poopwater into the ground under Oklahoma, pull the gas out and replace it with liquid shit. Sounds like killing two birds with one stone to me!

I'm surprised no one has thought of this. What could possibly go wrong.

Reply to
bitrex

So it's "cleaner" in the same way that rolling in the dirt is cleaner than rolling in the mud.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Sure but it still cleaner. IIRC the main reason the USA has reduced its emissions in recent years was a switch from coal to fracking.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Yes. Gas and oil are not /clean/, they are merely /cleaner/ than coal.

Reply to
David Brown

Nah, bitrex and rickman have stopped driving, the don't heat or cool their homes, and they don't buy anything that has been on a by ship, train, or truck. Before you know it everyone will jump on their bandwagon. /s/

Mikek

amdx

Is that a solar powered bandwagon?

lunatic fringe electronics