Downloading conciousness from another dimension/universe/place

Hello,

I just had an idea for a fun experiment. There are a few people on this planet that believe that conciousness itself may come from another dimension/universe/place.

There are some slight indications that this may be true. For example Einstein mentioned "spooky action at a distance". Something about "entangled photons" influencing each other over great distances.

This could be some proof that "material" may be interfaced from somewhere else at a great distance.

This hypothetical idea could be "tested" it's maybe also a warning for further downsizing CPUs/computer chips.

Apperently "spooky" stuff happens at a very small scale. And perhaps this "interfacing" happens at a very small scale.

The idea is now to test this idea and perform some experiments.

The experiment is to build a super tiny device/machine/computer which is very sensitive and is so fragile and sensitive that this "external conciouness" may get "grip on it".

Perhaps this "conciousness" is some form of energy which we simply don't know about it yet.

A bit like the tiny particles escaping from proton with proton colission. There is simply stuff out there we don't know about at the very small scale.

At the same time this may also be seen/interpreted as a warning which also justifies further investigation into this idea of "conciousness at the very small scale".

The problem/danger is that if there is some thruth to this then as our computer systems become smaller and smaller and smaller, this external conciousness may "take over" our computers some day and then we may all be in danger.

Therefore I highly recommend some experimenting to see if a conciousness detector can be build to see if anything at all is measured that makes sense beyond random noise or something.

This may be harder to do then thought, because these concious beings or energy may be smart and may not fall into the "trap" set.

Perhaps the experiment/test/device should mimic something that already contains conciousness, perhaps a futus or biological organism perhaps injected with circuitry to monitor the invasion of conciousness.

It's a funny cool idea, but there could be more thruth to it then people would have ever believed, at the same time, it could be total bullshit.

This is what science is ultimately for, to seperate thruth from bullshit =D

Science is always changing though, evolving, new insights etc.

Little addition:

The idea is to "trick" a conciousness from downloading into the "wrong" body.

"Our experimentation device" to see if there is any thruth in this hypothesis.

Bye, Skybuck =D

Reply to
skybuck2000

An intriguing hypothesis, but not a new one. This is one of the anticipated outcomes from the advent of the first quantum computer we are eagerly awaiting the development of - access to the 'universe next door'.

Been there, done that. Every computer I've ever owned has been possessed by the devil - or they've certainly behaved like it, anyway. :-D

Cursitor Doom

Of course all the computers owned by Cursitor Doom have been possessed by a creature of very little brain, who may see demonic possession in what others might characterise as less-than-user-friendly programming.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Ho hummm..... er... no...

Conscious control of this thing called "I", is a complete illusion.

-- Kevin Aylward

- SuperSpice

Kevin Aylward

Put the bong down.

I am not arguing against your hypothesis, but you don't get that we are tal king about a form of energy that is yet unknown to science.

However there have been some, though few, reports of ESP and such that actu ally hold water. Contemporary science only picks up physical or EM waves, t his may well be something else. If it is EM then it is a frequency far high er than we can measure, or at least higher than we can detect at all. I won 't be able to find cites for this because it is stuff I read over the years , but I did not make it up. And that's not to say that I claim it all true, but I bring it for examination.

There were also some claims that this ESP or whatever travels faster than the speed of light. Not sure exactly how to measure that but the time it ta les for light to get across great distances on the surface of this planet h ave been done. Nothing has been measured as faster than C. One group of sci entists across the pond said they made a particle that went faster but that was proven to be an error. I do not accept that C is a limit of how fast a nything can go and I dismiss most of this time shit, but C is how fast EM g oes and that is that. Thus the Doppler effect and a few other things.

I doubt any electronic circuit could pick up these signals, so the only opt ion is organic. That would be a human somehow with their brain emptied. Tha t is alot of TV watching there, and while they might be brain dead but they aren't empty. But if you want a transmission you need the right type of re ceiver. Perhaps someone under a hypnotic trance or something.

So, what is NOT EM ? Does magnetism travel at C ? How about gravity. How wo uld one test how fast gravity is ? It is not EM so it is not logical to ass ume it has the same properties. Magnetism on the other hand is tightly inte rrelated with electricity, so it is EM, but then, there are things that can shield a magnetic source and that shield could be removed and replaced ver y fast, but it is going to come up as velocity is C. this because when you transmit a radio wave there is an electrostatic type field and a magnetic one. the are perpendicular and which goes which way depends on the polariza tion of the antennae. That pretty much proves they go at the same speed and that would be C. what if you built a huge transformer and had the primary and secondary separated enough to measure the propagation delay, I do belie ve it goes at C.

However, there is no way to measure the sped of gravity. you can't effectiv ely shield it, even magnetism is diffused, there is no REAL shield against it though soem things come close. Maybe take a permanent magnet and boost/b uck it with electromagnetism ?

In any case, there is no way to perform suck an experiment on gravity. I kn ow scifi speaks of gravometric waves and changes due to something like a st art collapsing, but as that star collapses and the gravity increases at the surface, that surface is farther away. The total mass is the same anyway, is it just squeezed into a smaller volume. That's the "fi" part of scifi.

In no way do I dismiss your hypothesis. I think it undeveloped but they all start out that way. But I tell you this, you must have the best dope deale r in town. You come up the most off the wall shit I could ever come up with and I used to do some real drugs.

I think you might conflate scifi with science at times, but there is good r eason for that. You have seen the developments that are as good and better than any Star Trek. Their best communicators are nowhere near our smartphon es. And they know there is no source of thrust that could propel them faste r than C. It takes a field, and that is probably how it is. Not because it is some universal constant, but because nothing exists that can exit the sh ip faster than the desired velocity, which is required for any speed of tra vel. Well space travel anyway.

Reply to
jurb6006

No, the problem is that computers are female.

Reply to
jurb6006

I have rebutted that in another thread. I don't expect a response yet, it was minutes ago.

Reply to
jurb6006

The LIGO detection of neutron-star collision GW170817 showed that gravitational waves do seem to propagate at C, with very little room for difference. The Fermi gamma-ray space telescope detected a gamma burst 1.7 seconds after the gravitational-wave signal hit LIGO, and other electromagnetic afterglows (X-ray, optical, and radio) were also detected in the days that followed.

A 1.7-second delta, at an estimated distance of 130 million light-years, is pretty close ;-)

Reply to
Dave Platt

No offence, Kev, but Schopenhauer got there a couple of centuries before you on this one!

Cursitor Doom