Was "how much current does a flashlight battery offer"

Looking at a smaller scale, does anyone have an idea what may be available in very small lithium cells? I am looking for maximum battery life in the smallest physical package, but also something that is available commercialy. By small, I am hoping for 3or 6v from button cell, or preferably a slender cylinder shape..perhaps a "micro AA"

Any pointers ?

Thanks

Tim

Reply to
Tim

commercialy.

The best pointer that I can give you is to look at the manufacturer's specs.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

You've changed the question. Total battery life depends on both the battery capacity (related to its composition and size), and the load current (related to your skill as a designer). Available current (your earlier post), is related to the battery design.

The manufacture should be able to give the capacity, usually in amp-hours or milliamp-hours. Determine your load current and divide; the answer is in units of time.

The available current is a little trickier and is related to the impedance (resistance) of the battery, which you will probably find on the data sheet. Battery impedance will go up as the battery charge goes down, so it is not a simple number in most cases.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Kilzer