Visualizing the 4th, 5th, 6th dimensions and such.

Hello,

Let's suppose for a moment that Earth itself is sitting on some invisible matter. Matter in another dimension. Matter in another dimension which is influenced by "special/magic" fields like electromagnetic fields.

So the theory/idea behind this posting is that somehow "electromagnetic fields" are influencing the 4th, 5th, 6th dimension... depending on if you consider time to be 4th or not... but beside the point mostly.

Now let's suppose this idea is true... there is indeed a 4th dimension with some kind of matter... which would imply structures.

Then perhaps it's possible to "visualize" what is in the 4th dimension by observing small and slight changes in the magnetic fields.

So the electromagnetic waves would function as a "scanner"... scanning the

4th dimension.

Perhaps something will become visible ! ;)

Perhaps even scary alien faces ! ;) =D hihi.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

One cannot visualize the 4th, much less higher dimensions. Only postulate the existence and attributes, if any.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Je kunt er driedimensionale plakjes van snijden, net zoals een radioloog plakjes snijdt van het menselijk lichaam, zodat een arts zich daar een voorstelling van kan maken...

--
Grinnikend door het leven...
Reply to

Here ya go :

jurb6006

e matter."

Let's suppose you are smoking some good shit. Nothing wrong with that but, sometimes that induces these types of ponderings...

Surprisingly though I can engage without the customary trip to the garage t o burn one. I think of dimensions in a totally different way. you see, I re ject certain parts of the new relativity and the way they hold the speed of light as some sort of holy grail.

I postulate that time is the same in all parts of the universe, it cannot b e any other way. That blows half the theory out. I could be wrong but at le ast I got good reason to be.

Consider the Doppler effect. The red shift when things are moving away and the blue shift when they move towards. Now, consider what happens when some thing is moving away at the speed of light and emitting light omnidirection ally. Well the light in front of it is going at 2C in relation to you, but what of the light behind ? It is stationary to you, i.e. in the same veloci ty space.

Some say the fourth dimension is time, and while that is not what I am sayi ng, if I am saying that different dimensions are separated by different vel ocities and vectors, I guess that would be fairly close to the mark.

I know there are people who are going to come and tell me I am full of shit because the calculations they did for GPS prove special theory of relativi ty but I claim post hoc ergo propter hoc on that. They want to believe it s o any proof is proof even if it is not proof. Scientists are not completely immune to wishful thinking.

Anyway, with my way, there are an infinite number of dimensions, that is - planes of existence. If you are talking dimensions in the other sense it is a whole different ballgame.

Reply to
jurb6006

I remember times lying in bed as an undergrad trying to visualize a 4th dimension. (Sometimes with an inhaled enhancement.) I'd made some tesseract models and would try and get them to fold up.. I was half hoping that my brain would dream it.... no luck. Or if I did dream it I didn't remember.. probably the dang inhaled enhancements. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Ja, maar oneindig veel (of zelfs naar een biljoen) is wel ERG veel... dan raak je het overzicht snel kwijt. Oncologen zijn meestal alleen op zoek naar een gezwel of zoiets.

Reply to
jjge

En toen? We hadden het over hogere dimensies, maar niets extreems...

--
Grinnikend door het leven...
Reply to

I remember times lying in bed as an undergrad trying to visualize a 4th dimension. (Sometimes with an inhaled enhancement.) I'd made some tesseract models and would try and get them to fold up.. I was half hoping that my brain would dream it.... no luck. Or if I did dream it I didn't remember.. probably the dang inhaled enhancements. :^)

George H.

George ................. Use the FORCE !!

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Of course you've read the book "flatland" and similar to get the idea of extra dimensions.

Consider this. Suppose that the additional dimensions are filled with the same medium as the visible 3 (aether) Hence vibrations classed as electromagnetic (though what WE call electromagnetic is only vibrations in OUR dimensions) can occur through those dimensions.

The problem of course is that interaction between these dimensions is observed to be minimal. Hence largely ignored. Let me point out however that by flatland analogy all higher dimensions appear to the denizens of lower dimensions as TIME. For example a sphere passing through flatland. Flatlanders observe a point then a circle that grows and grows and then gets smaller and smaller and then becomes a point again and disappears. It's all described by TIME. To us there is still time, of course but from out viewpoint we just see a static sphere that does not change shape at all passing through flatland.

Now visualize if you can our universe of 3 dimensions as a "hypersphere". This is part of my BBB theory. (Big Bang is Bull)

Say light coming from a distant star is observed. But because our space is actually curved and a hypersphere, the light passes through INSIDE of the sphere rather than through our 3D space. It takes a "shortcut". The significance of this is that because it now strikes our world at an angle there is an interaction that shifts the frequency toward the red. This has been falsely interpreted as velocity or Doppler shift. In actual fact it is due to multidimensionality.

Just saying.

Sorry, my paper with details on the subject that used to be online has been removed due to errors in the calculation for the diameter of the universe using Cepheid stars.

--

       ___           ___           ___            ___
      /\  \         /\  \         /\__\          /\  \

Just a little extra note of what I ment to write:

Perhaps gravity is an effect of matter in the 4th, 5th, 6th, and so forth dimensions ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

What is further interesting about this idea is the observation of "quantum effects".

At the very tiny scale, weird things seem to happen, things which do not seem to happen at the large scale.

These "quantum effects" or other weird effects could just be what I described... influences from other dimensions measureable at the very tinyiest, lol.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

The opposite might also be true.

Going from 3D back to 2D could indicate loss of functionality, loss of powers.

And thus 2D materials at the tiniest level start behaving differently.

When it comes to the tiniest materials I kinda believe this explanation better ! ;) :)

Some of the effects seem to come from structure...

Though perhaps other effects are caused by loss of "dimensionality".

Perhaps even a single atom or so will behave differently than many ;)

When the atom (or proton) is split even more weird things happen and more tiny elements are apperently detected.

Which could indicate that an atom is actually builds up of multiple dimensions as well.

And that what we perceive as 3D is actually much more ! ;)

So this seems a contradiction.

Multiple dimensions enclosed in atoms/proton... which are then lost outside of it... and perhaps later somewhat return from other dimensions/large dimensions.

Perhaps dimensions are not even related/connected to each other... perhaps there are "seperate dimensions" which only "attach" at the larger scale.

Kind of interesting to think of dimensions like that.

Perhaps some dimensions only "attach" at the smallest scale.

This could be further evidence that some machine is running this universe.

Cause "seperate" dimensions does make me think of "seperated arrays" in a computer program :)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying