doubleplusungood

"Well, AMD=92s 10% workforce reduction (i.e. layoffs, i.e. more EEs on the unemployment line) is one way to move the company toward profitability. AMD will now be able to cut its cost by some 1,650 salaries. Motorola made a similar move last week, slashing another

2,600 jobs and putting its total layoff count around the 10,000 mark as it looks to create shareholder value."
Reply to
mrdarrett

If they slash 100% of their employees, quarterly earnings will be terrific.

John

Motorola has been laying-off since 1970. So I'd guess the count is well beyond 10,000. A really good example of what happens when you put your relatives in charge :-(

...Jim Thompson

HP, under Carly, had a program they called "value recovery." It meant that if you trash-can the engineering and marketing people who made things happen, and run on momentum, quarterlies jump.

John

Carly trumps Galvin for ultimate ignorance ;-)

...Jim Thompson