The XMODZ IP collection provides fast hardware implementations for the modulo computation on integers. The collection comprises of two distinct IP modules, modk for modulo by a fixed integer constant and modv for modulo by an integer variable.
Modulo reduction is widely used in cryptographically-secure systems, for fast pseudo-random number generation and is suitable for RNS (Residue Number System) applications.
XMODZ can be used as a ROYALTY-FREE component for use in your projects.
Interesting features and characteristics of XMODZ include:
- highly-parameterized synchronous architecture
- register-pipelined operation with single-cycle throughput
- scalable architecture supporting any data bitwidth
- 198-230 MHz achieved clock rates for both cores on Xilinx Virtex-6.
The XMODZ IPs comprise of the following deliverables:
- Documentation in ASCII text, PDF, HTML formats
- Vendor-independent VHDL code for both modk and modv
- Self-checking testbenches
- Configurable multi-precision integer reference C models for test data generation using the public domain "free GMP" library (GMP API- compatible)
- Various helper scripts for simulation (GHDL, Modelsim) and synthesis.
-------------- Any user that will register and download MPRFGEN within 2013 is eligible to ALL of the following:
- free updates for the entire lifetime of the product
- free email support.
Pricing information and sample downloads:
Best regards, Nikolaos Kavvadias Research Scientist Lamia, Fthiotis, Greece