Do you have a better pdf reader?

Hi guys, On the link below there is a button labelled, "Click here for more information in PDF" The are two formulas #2 and #3 they are not legible in my PDF reader. Can anyone read it and post them for me. Also, from what I can see, example 1 uses formula #3 but I don't see that the numbers jive. What did I miss.

Thanks, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

The information just isn't there reliably. But go to the orginal source, not this NE Wire rehash:

Page 37 has equation 2,

Formula 3 is just a fudge factor for the increase in electrical length of Litz wire

Rdc = (Rs*(1.02)^Nb * (1.03)^Nc)/Ns

They've used one more decimal point in the example than in the formula (wherever they got that from) and incorrectly tacked a zero onto the rounded result, but aside from those nit-picks the numbers do seem to jive.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

I've got Adobe Reader 9.5.2 and it makes both formulas perfectly legible. The data was obviously scanned in and the characters are grey rather than black, but easy enough to read.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Ick. It looks as if they didn't actually bother to embed the text of those formulae in the PDF. Instead, they took a (low-resolution) screen capture from a window, and pasted the capture into the document as a pixelized graphic.

Formula 2 appears to be

2 Resistance to Alternating Current ( N Di ) --------------------------------- = H + K ( ------ ) G Resistance to Direct Current ( Do ) and refers to Terman "Radio Engineers Handbook" pages 30-83.

G is the "eddy current basis factor",

4 G = ((Di * sqrt(F) / 10.44)) Formula 3 appears to be

Nb Nc Rs (1.02) (1.03) Rdc = ----------------------- Ns

Dave Platt

It looks awful in Adobe 10.1.4 on Windoze XP. About the same in PDF-XChange Viewer 2.5 and Foxit 5.31. The PDF is the problem, not the viewer.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Thanks guys, Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Foxit Reader.

Tim

Tim Williams

The pdf doesn't look any better with foxit. Mikek

But I finally did get around to changing my file association.

Reply to
amdx

The pdf is rotten - a reader cannot repair a badly scanned document.

--

Tauno
Reply to

Maybe true but the Document Reader for Linux lets you read it with no problems.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Others seem to have no problems with various readers on Windows.

Reply to
krw

I didn't have any real problem reading it but JFF I tried using my Nitro = Pro=20 PDF to print the website to a new PDF and also to extract the images and =

convert the entire PDF to high resolution 600x600 dpi JPEG. Enjoy:

PS, the GIFs are not blank but they are white.

Paul

P E Schoen

Renders correctly in both Acrobat Reader 4, and ghostscript.

PDF created on a Mac (it says here).

The tables appear to be scanned as jpegs, a pretty stupid thing to do. They have all the usual lossy compression artifacts. When will they learn?

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

I can read the equations but they are way ugly.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk