Do people really buy into this ?

I like these people:

At the top of the page "Don't be fooled by hype!"

At the bottom of the page: 22 gauge wire for $150/25 feet.

Then, if you dig around on the site, you find that the place is half owned by a guy named CROCK!!!

Clues abound, here.

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Given the amount of effort that is put into devising these worthless products, one must assume that people really do buy into it. One can only speculate as to what kind of employement exists that allows gullible people to earn enough to be able to waste money on this rubbish.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

"Furutech is of the opinion that such myriad of noise can render audio reproduction of high frequencies to become ?flat, hard and grainy?, with ?a thick and bloated midrange, fat uncontrolled bass, and loss of air and soundstage stability?? The e-TP 609 was created as a measure in countering the contaminants before they could get into the audio system."

What a massive, steaming, crock.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Probably some people do... those with more money than critical-thinking faculties.

The manufacturer doesn't have to sell very many of these to amortize their development and testing costs, I would guess (>>chortle

Reply to
Dave Platt

Heh heh, whats the other guy's name :-) "Oshite" ??

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

Reminds me of people I know describing the wine they quaff! :)

Reply to
Dennis

And here I thought they were trying to steer people away from the road kill chili.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

It's pretty cold, and chili hits the spot. Unfortunately, I've got a gassy midrange punctuated with occasional sulphurous notes.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Probably some soon-to-be bubble industry employing mostly business/ finance major crap like that Romney.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

iii-ac-cable-review

LOL- and it has to come with a high price tag to add to the credibility...

"

com

com

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

It all depends on whether you are using two point or four point barbed wire for your speaker interconnects.

<

Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

(Hang on while I put on my marketing hat... ok).

Yep, and it gets worse. However, what makes you think you're a potential customer? Keep reading.

Would you like a $470 power cable to go with the power distribution box? "Cost No Object Power Cable Performance, Audio Art Cable Price!"

Oops, double the price to $1,098.75 for a 10 ft power cable:

Don't forget the 6ft long #14AWG speaker wires for only $575:

For videophiles, you haven't lived until you've seen an overly compressed movie through a 10ft HDMI cable that sells for $2,695.75 (You might enjoy the technobabble in the description).

For the very best, there are also glass record turntables, tube (valve) amplifiers, tube preamplifiers, wood amplifier boxes, mahogany earphones, miracle electronics, and on to absurdia.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the audiophile, where cost really is a minor consideration. For those not into the ultimate audio experience, the objective to not to have the best sounding audio. The goal is to impress your friends and neighbors that you've spent an outrageous amount of money on the very best audio components, which they had better appreciate, or you will hang them by the neck with the $1,000 power cord. It's much like owning the very latest smartphone, without a clue as to how to use it. Perception is everything.

It's fairly easy to put together a $200,000 hi-fi and video system from such vendors. I have three customers that have such abominations. They all know that they've been somehow cheated. It doesn't matter. When you have that kind of money to burn, a few thousand here or there isn't going to make any difference. Might as well spend the money and get the very best.

From the engineering standpoint, the claims found in such devices may seem like some sort of criminal activity. People with that kind of money are generally not stupid. They know what they're buying. They know they can get something perfectly adequate for far less money. They know that they're getting over-charged. They don't care. They want the best at any price and are prepared to pay for it. That has created a market for such things, which I guess now includes $1,500 power distribution boxes. A good hint is the Audio Advisor catalog, which has been around since 1981. You don't stay in business for 32 years without turning a profit.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Audiophools might..

Reply to
Robert Baer

He is in the White House..

Reply to
Robert Baer

Duckwit

Reply to
Gib Bogle

I was thinking exactly the same before I saw your post!

Reply to
Gib Bogle

There is a whole class of people who live by catering to very rich people. Somebody has to help them get rid of all those excess income.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

On a sunny day (Thu, 07 Feb 2013 21:08:37 -0500) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

About time somebody sells noise free batteries for mp3 players.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Or artsy people. There was a TV ad some years ago in which some "experts" described an object in affected artistic terms until they were told that they were discussing the air-conditioning unit.

Reply to
Pimpom