I feel really stupid asking this queston!

I've been around robotics and controls all my life but the gray hair is getting ahead of the gray matter. I know there is an h bridge joystick controller out there at Radio Shack (have called their customer service (ha, ha) clerks and got nowhere)... I want to steer a wire controlled device left and right through two 9.5 volt geared motors and do it by reversing polarity and running through a pot. Is a device such as this available overnight from anybody?

What I have in my hands is an older Radio Shack RC car and we have lost the transmitter so I need to fake a servo type control to the steering and drive motor of the toy.

All I want to do is buy a joystick from somebody, hook up the four wires, and start testing some concepts. These are really small motors and really rev up with any kind of voltage.

Wayne in San Diego

Reply to
Wayne Lundberg

You probably wont find pots to run those motors directly. You need a microcontroller plus a high current driver chip. Its not a trivial project.

I just don't think you can 'get there from here'.

Sorry, Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

do

this

the

drive

wires,

really

Gulp.... thanks!

Reply to
Wayne Lundberg

Hi,

Try using LM317T voltage regulator to controll the motor speed sheach for data sheet, it has the schematic). You may need to add two silicon diodes to remove 1.25 V minimum output of the regulator. You dont need a micro controller for this since this is not a stpper motor.

Pubudu

Wayne Lundberg wrote:

Reply to
Pubudu