DLP Digital micromirror device (DMD) pinout?

Hey all, this is a longshot but... What I have is a DMD chip from an infocus 4805 DLP projector. The array is 854x480 micromirrors using the Darkchip II technology. What I want is a pinout for the back of the chip so I can experiment with tilting the mirrors. A pinout for any DMD might be a start...

Any suggestions of where to look for info would be great as well. Thanks.

Reply to
JeffC

start here:

when you blow it up, start here, they have a few boardsets left from working displays, this is where I got mine:

Steve Roberts

Reply to
osr

I spent a loong time a while ago looking for info on DMDs - detailed info is very hard to find. I did however find a few projector schematics - do a web search for : RD-JT30 Service Manual RD-JT40 Service Manual RD-JT50 Service Manual

I also found a manual for a Benq unit.

I can email the above manuals if interested, but be aware they are 2 to 7MB each

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Thanks! I looked at the TI discovery kit but found to to be crazy expensive ($12000 or so) and really not what I need as its 'already done' for you.

Were you able to get the DMD and controller from surplusshed working?

Reply to
JeffC

very hard to find.

each

Hi, thanks for the offer, probably one manual would be sufficient? Apparently my in box can store 1Gig.

Seen this link?

JeffC

Actually, this pdf

is good, and would even be great if the table linking pads and description was completed! Seems thats been omitted deliberately.

Reply to
JeffC