DIY sample looper device

Hi there, not sure whether this is the right group but I'm just looking for some information. Am not a DSP genius or whatever so I'm not quite sure whether this can be done. I would like to build (or buy a ready kit if possible) a device that would play a single digital sample (doesn't have to be MP3) over time. Tricky and unusual bit is that this device should loop the sample for let's say 1 second but the starting position of the loop should be regulated by some kind of a knob or gauge. I want to have a hardware that will basically emulate the CoolEdit's selection loop function with predefined sample and loop time. Question is whether someone have ever seen anything like this as a kit? or how difficult would it be to built such a device? I did some research but only things I could find that would be close to this were single chip MP3 players. which I pressume would do the trick but I don't have a clue how could I loop a sample with a gauge on such thing?

Thanks in advance for any replies and please forgive me if this is not the right group.

tinner

Reply to
tinnerdxp

Relatively easy with say an AVR processor and an Atmel dataflash for storage. How many do you want, and how much do you want to pay ?

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Design Engineer         J & K Micro Systems
Microcomputer solutions for industrial control
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

How many do you want, and how much do you want to

How about an EPROM with resistor-ladder D/A, a few binary counters and that's about it?

SioL

Reply to
SioL