Discrete PMOS???

As usual I'm not conversant in contemporary discrete devices.

Is there a cheap PMOS "power" 200mA/50V ??

Or would I be better off with a bipolar PNP? ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

Ah, you's chip guys. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Hint: Digikey let's you sort by voltage, current and now also (tada!) price :-)

The BSS84 would cost 1/3rd (or $0.06) but only 130mA.

From a price POV, yes, absolutamente. I only use FETs if I hafta, because of $$$.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Can you suggest a bipolar part number? Thanks! Sorry, I know nothing about discretes anymore... it's been 30 years since I designed around them. But I don't have software go *PHUT* ;-) ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

Here ya go, assuming you want SMT:

Around $0.01 a pop in bulk. Make sure to get the A-version so it can withstand 50V. The non-A is only 40V.

Not sure what you want to do but if it's some digital control there's also pre-biased trainsistahs to save pick&place costs. Got to run. Wife made Labskaus which I love. No, you don't want to know what that is, let alone see it. Haggis looks pretty in comparison.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

How about 10,000,000 quantity... no kidding ;-)

Naaaah! That's tame. You didn't forget that I'm only half Scot... the other "half" is German, Pole and even a little French (Lambert) thrown in for fun. And my wife is Dutch and French... and cooks! ...Jim Thompson

          Democrats are best served up prepared as a hash
           Otherwise the dogs will refuse to eat them :)

2 x BSS84

MMBTA56

Couldn't be any cheaper then this.

:-)

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Mountain Oysters ? :)

Reply to
Jamie

If 20V/700mA is enough, you should use an S8550 TO92 for lowest part cost.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

No, some people seeing it for the first time call it a diaper blowout on a dinner plate :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Over 2c/piece? You are wasting money, man, you are wasting money :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

At that qty you should negotiate some Asian parts, gets you under 1/2c, no kidding :-)

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Cripes, Jörg. I picked up 60V process OnSemi PN2222A (TO-92, though) at 4 to a penny with a much smaller purchase -- about

20k parts.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

Non-SMT is often overstock, that you can get cheap. But to buy regular stock SOT-23 under 1c in the US would make you a darn good broker :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Cures hangovers too ;) I guess if your hung-over, looks aren't all that important.

Martin Riddle

We buy MMBT3906s (PNP) in a SOT-23 for $.01. The 3904 (NPN) is $.013. Those are pretty much single-reel prices.

Reply to
krw

Sometimes when I see Chinese pricing I wonder when the point comes where the oil price begins to matter, because TO92 needs more plastic.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

This is the typical appearance of Labskaus, for those who aren't too sqeamish about "different" looking food:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

What does it look like _before_ you eat it?

Reply to
Michael Robinson

That's just the trick: The same :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

We don't buy Chinese[*] or stuff from other than major disties, for reasons mentioned here.

[*] We are buying a Chinese knock-off (they may have bought the masks) of the MC34119, primarily because the 34119 wasn't made in RoHS (and has now been EOL'd) and the NJM2113 is too susceptible to RFI.
Reply to
krw