DipTrace

Does anyone use Diptrace Schematic? Version 2.0.07

The Burbrown library that came with the free download does not contain a PCM2906 entry.

The component library I downloaded from their website, dated 9 sept 09 can not be loaded as DipTrace claims it's not a valid library?

I am going into library set-up and selecting the ADD button and navigating to the uncompressed directory containing all the libraries and selecting the Burbrown library eli files but it doesn't like it.

States the library format is incorrect.

The library I downloaded is compatible with version 2.05 is that before or after the version I have?

Thanks for any input

--
Nospam
Reply to

No. Here's a previous thread on that:

't-picture-that+zz-zz+*-bug-problems+DipTrace+*-you-have-nothing-else-to-stand-on+ww-ww+qq+not-a-nice-choice

JeffM

Thanks for that.

Is there an alternative low cost option for small-ish, projects that anyone would recommend.

--
Nospam
Reply to

Nospam TOP-POSTED:

The gold standard for posting to this group is to Bottom-Post. If something isn't important enough to appear ABOVE your text, then delete it. ...and the standard place to discuss ECADs is sci.electronics.cad.

I see from your headers, that you are using the freeware mail client your ISP supplied. Here in the 21st Century, you could take things further and start using non-proprietary Free(dom) Software.

This pair is Open Source Software:

These have a steeper learning curve but again, are Open Source Software:

JeffM