Did LTC also mess up their server now?

Joerg has some basic error going on. He's all the time complaining about pages no one else has a problem with. Some day he'll 'fess up to the bizarreness in his set-up ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Jeorg is no where near the lockdown i use.

Reply to
JosephKK

First questions; What top router are you using? Find out if it supports NAT and local DNS. How is the network addressing set up (fixed / DHCP - fixed / DHCP dynamic)? How is that laptop setup?

Reply to
JosephKK

Reply to
JosephKK

That presumes that he finds it and understands how it contributed to other browser issues he complained about. Much more likely there will be some update and the issue will just "go away".

Reply to
JosephKK

on

The only browsing issues I have is when companies hire some web "designers" who add stupid fluff and render their web sites inefficient. Those are the guys who need to understand. Or rather, the VPs of marketing need to understand. Why is it that some companies such as ON-Semi never have such problems? Maybe they are doing something right ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

[snip]

The real puzzle is, when you report a problem page, _everyone_ reports back, "No problem here".

Doesn't that trouble you?

...Jim Thompson

Not really. It was the same at church. I cannot listen to the web stream, others can. They are all using IE. I was told IE is "the" browser anyhow, I should switch, and it would be safe. Oh yeah.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Duh!

An awful lot of people here are using Firefox.

...Jim Thompson

It was just an example :-)

Yes, and some probably without a lot of network protection ...

Again, why does it always work ON Semi, National, TI, AD, Fairchild, Toshiba, NJR, Mitsubishi, and on and on? What is so difficult about simply providing a link that ends in ... *.pdf?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

[snip]

When I click on the link you provided...

in Firefox v3.0.5, I get a pop-up box saying "Open with Adobe Acrobat" OR "Save file to disk".

What do you get?

Aha! A dawning!

In Firefox: Tools, Options, Applications, what do have entered for files-of-type PDF?

I'll bet you have nada ;-)

...Jim Thompson

As I said, it works again. They must have fixed something because I didn't do anything.

And as I said I am not the only one with such issues. Like the Infineon site I mentioned, with me on a highly secured network at a client. Typed in

because I wanted to look up the datasheet of a FET. Found part, clicked on datasheet, gray screen, nada. Engineer: "Oh, that never works well. Pick one from IRF, their site always works." Over-sophistication costs sales and especially in this day and age that is not a good thing.

It's Tools -> Options -> File Type.

Acrobat, because (so far) no other application was able to read some of those needlessly "fancified" PDF.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Nice site! Does ask me to activate Javascript, then everything works perfectly ;-)

(I allow Javascript on a site-by-site basis. Normal surfing, ALL scripting is off.)

[snip]

...Jim Thompson

Avago seems pretty messed up, if you want datasheets without turning on javascript.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

Sometimes it does work. Sometimes it doesn't. But I don't bother much anymore since the time they treated us like s..t when samples were needed. And yes, I did flash my credit card. The result was, in marketing speak, a "design-out".

Repeating myself again: What is the _purpose_ of needing all this over-sophistication to distribute plain old datasheets?

Hint: In some super sensitive stealth-mode businesses scripting is strictly prohibited, in fact not possible. No site-by-site exceptions, enforced by Smith&Wesson.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Hmm, I just pulled up a datasheet for a PIN diode there. No problems, no Java. Acrobat opened up and, voila.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Turned out to be the special version of NAV installed on the Lenovo laptop. My son uninstalled it and, bingo!, the network came alive.

...Jim Thompson

Obama is about to make Herbert Hoover look like a financial genius

Ok, I was looking at the camera-and-tracking chips for going into optical mice. They seem to make VCSELs that should be cheap and might be nice, but I can't figure out how to buy them without the rest of the mouse.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones

Like this one?

The encoders can be bought at Mouser but as usual with this kind of stuff large MOQ and some leadtime:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Yes like that one. Anyway I don't really need it yet and maybe in a couple of years it will be easier to get or there will be better ones.

That datasheet worked without the scripting - but some of the links on this page seem to only work with JavaScript

Chris

Reply to
Chris Jones