DDS sort of related thing

I usually drive relays with a logic-level mosfet, like FDV301. Lots of relays, we use a TPIC6595, 8-channel SPI driver, which doesn't need diodes.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

I'm a little confused. What does polyphase filtering have to do with linear or other means of interpolation? I have designed polyphase filters which have to do with sample rate conversion and elimination of unneeded operations. It is an implementation technique rather than an algorithm or equation that will interpolate. Linear interpolation is an algorithm to interpolate. What is the filter you would use the polyphase technique to implement?

I find it funny that Larkin would rather poke fun at old transistors than to discuss the topic where he might learn something.

--

Rick
Reply to

Am 06.12.2014 um 20:02 schrieb John Larkin:

Use my VHDL sin/cos function on opencores. Just connect the phase in / amplitude out busses and the module will determine the required table sizes and compute the tables at compile time, everything nicely rounded to the closest precise value. Requires VHDL only, no extra tools.

<

Part of the motivation for this was that the Xilinx tables had a range from +128 to -127 for an 8 bit output which created a DC offset in a phase demodulator, and it also silently changed the pipeline delays depending on speed requirements. That is funny if you want to align your symbols to the carrier.

And for something that simple, I would never again lock myself to one chip vendor.

Gerhard

Reply to
Gerhard Hoffmann

I'll tell my FPGA droids about the opencores thing. Thanks.

We'll probably go 16 bits on 8 channels, at 2 MHz, so we might elect to timeshare one sine table.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

:

pace

d we'll

proposal:

use a

goofy and

The

's clumsy

e.

atch the

samples,

something

.001 Hz

low

p with

ulator to

y by

sily done.

so we have

I think

ed to raw

nary DDS

fects

but not

. Again,

inear

re.

ith

thing

They spend lots of effort optimizing it knowing all the tricks and details of the internal workings of the FPGA

smaller so you can fit more stuff next to it, faster so you don't have to buy a faster FPGA if you are pushing the limit

encrypted block, but so it really everything goes on inside an FPGA none of them are open

sure but we generally don't go out and mine our own copper ore

your 16 bits, 8 channels DDS with a shared table is literally a 2 minute jo b

and then you can go on to design the complicated stuff the guy next door ca n't

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen