increase voltage of waveform?

I have an arbitrary waveform generator. I can generate a 10V peak to peak signal max with it. If I wanted to generate a 20V peak to peak signal while completely maintaining the signal integrity how could I go about doing that?

Reply to
Ken Williams

On 04/21/2009 12:11 AM, Ken Williams sent:

Hello Ken:

You would choose a proper amplifier whose passband accepts the frequencies you wish to pass and whose input/output impedances match the drive and load.

If you were using a Rigol DG2041A, the input impedance of the amplifier would need to be 50 Ohms which would then be matched to 50 Ohm output of your Function Generator. The output impedance of the amplifier would need to be similarly matched to its intended load.

Please use this knowledge wisely and legally.

Pete

--
1PW  @?6A62?FEH9:DE=6o2@=]4@> [r4o7t]
Reply to

you would need a perfect amplifier, which is an unobtainable ideal, or you could get a better arb generator to compensate for the loss in the amplifier. or accept some loss in signal quality.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

Should maybe mention that the power rails of the amp should be at least

0-22v, or 11-0-11v, in order to provide an undistorted 20v p2p signal. You need a wee bit overhead, just in case.

Cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete Wilcox