DDK from NI

Wow, shades of 10Base2 Ethernet. Simplex transmission makes collision detection easier though. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

You've probably thought about time stamping the data. I don't know about nano seconds. microseconds should be easy enough.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I once did wired 802.15.4 for prototyping a zigbee chip, basically wired-or on coax

out of the box that should be in sync to within ~60ns at every packet and do ~2Mbit data transfer

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

??

Spehro Pefhany

Of course there's no collisions in modern Ethernet, just jitter and latency up the wazoo.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

It's just a matter of knowing who's boss.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

"Industrial Engineering" is fancy name for Operations Research. I am afraid this guy's knowledge of electronics or systems programming is as good as my knowledge of the Chinese language.

Reply to
dakupoto

I want one that says "Lab Sweet Lab". ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

The main problem with Labview IMO is that it's as hard to verify and

Dunno. I have a lot of time for real Operations Research folks, though--they specialize in asking the right questions, which surprisingly often leads to the right answers.

For instance, in the Royal Air Force in WW2, some bright spark realized that what they wanted to optimize on was _flying_, not readiness. Starting there, and with the aid of some brass senior enough to knock heads together, they achieved something like a factor of 2 better utilization of aircraft and pilots than they had before.

Not this particular guy, however. :(

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Are you referring to the White Rabbit stuff?

Jeroen Belleman

Reply to
Jeroen Belleman

That's it! Couldn't remember the name offhand, and Alice wasn't around to ask.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Considering the amount of posting on how bad is NI/Labview combination I would rather toss the card in the garbage bin and aim for a different one.

We need to generate sine/cosine waveforms with a 16bit resolution and

2MS/s, at least 2 channels. Plus several DIO and extra analog channels, but I guess those are not critical.

Any idea of a producer which has linux drivers as well? Maybe I can start looking at the comedi website and see their supported hardware. Has anyone used their drivers? Or added extra support for another card? I'd like to see how much effort would require to add support for our card as well.

Anyway, thanks for the ride, it was interesting to see how the post triggered some quite intriguing stories!

Al

Reply to
alb

A really cool professor taught the Psychology 101 course at Tulane. He'd worked on training issues in WWII.

One day, just before the final live-shoot exams for bomber gunners, he swapped the Cooks and Bakers graduating class for the Aerial Gunners class. The C&B guys were better shots than the AG guys. Bad training protocols.

Precision electronic instrumentation

I believe it was in the Korean war when they were improving fighters by reinforcing the areas were the returning planes were shot up. Someone had the bright idea that it would be a better idea to strengthen the places that weren't damaged. After all, the ones that were shot up were the survivors.

Reply to
krw

Is there some reason you can't use the high level DAQmx kit for linux?

Mark

Reply to
Mac Decman