dangerous profession

Oh, I thought you were being sardonic. Or halfway sardonic. It's hard to tell.

The text on the buttons is ink-jet printed on silicone. That might wear off.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

Most of the cartoon superhero movies are sold overseas.

Violence is the universal language.

I'd expect that romantic comedies don't sell well in very different cultures.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

And the number is higher when the group self-selects, e.g. musicians. When bi-color LEDs came out, we thought it would be the coolest thing to add th em to our audio fx processors. Green means you have a good signal, red mea ns clipping. By chance, none of our beta testers were colorblind, but > 15 % of our customers were, and they really raked us across the coals for that one.

Reply to
Jim MacArthur

RUN and STOP will probably wear off before anything else so making it say RATE/STOP should help defer any key-swaps for many years.

The printing on my car's start button is already wearing off it's been less than 4 years, couldn't they emboss it or something? Chevrolet cheap bastards

Reply to
bitrex

If you already have a peak-detect signal an LM33 quad comparator plus 4 LEDs to make a lil bar-graph with like -20, -10, -6, and clip labeled maybe isn't ideal but don't break the bank.

Reply to
bitrex

LM339 rather

Reply to
bitrex

Or -20, 0, +6, and clip if the processor is analog and there's some headroom.

Reply to
bitrex

user forum

NT

Reply to
Tabby

They're often mediocre sellers in the US but make billions worldwide, probably has something to do why that crank out fifteen in a row.

Hollywood-movie ticket-sales have been going down domestically for years, even before covid-19, more Americans have been turning to Netflix, Hulu, HBO etc. who now have their own production studios and found that you can make a decent buck spending moderate sums of money on several niche productions catering to the long-tails to watch at home, instead of trying to please everyone with blockbusters.

That is to say Hollywood has more domestic competition, now.

but the most common fate of most Hollywood films both good and trash alike is they're simply forgotten, like a lot of people remember Jeff Bridges performance in the late 90s screwball-comedy "The Big Lewbowski" but very few remember him from the early 90s film "Fearless" (loosely based on the crash of United flight 232) that was called "the best performance of his career"

Reply to
bitrex

Ah. Let people who don't understand it ask for help from people who don't understand it.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

They work cheap though!

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It does work. It much reduces your workload responding. (If you have to, staff could reply initially, but usually not required.) It also provides feedback, including what users would like to see next time round.

NT

Reply to
Tabby