Current savings by leaving out some parts?

I need a 2-channel video amp. I built a simple 4-channel one from a kit, but as it will be battery powered it occurs to me that there might be some saving of current by removing the transistors that drive two of the channels. Is this right; would it have any unwanted effect on the remaining channels, and if there would be a saving would it be of sufficient size to bother?

Kit is

_

I think it is quite possible. It is such a simple circuit that you should trace it all out and draw a schematic. Having that would make the answer obvious.

Is the device mounted on a heat sink a voltage regulator? If so, you might be able to eliminate it and use a lower voltage battery with no regulator loss.

--
Regards,

John Popelish
Reply to