Cranes

25-30% higher? I rented a nice 1BR apartment a year ago for $700/mo with only a six month lease (more expensive than a year).

Of course not. Space is limited, script kiddies aren't.

Reply to
krw

Why would you buy it aftermarket?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The best thing is that you _have_ to enable it for a free trial on a new vehicle, after which it's always on- always spying. It even has its own GPS which it does't share with any nav system the car may have.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

What happens if you try to disable the thing? Does the car refuse to start?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Maybe, but you can disconnect the antenna (combined GPS and communication, but not shared with the rest of the vehicle).

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Because you want the service? Somebody must.

Reply to
krw
[...]

I saw something like $600/mo for a bunk bed. You probably also get 1/6th of one shelf of space in the communal fridge, the one with the Obama campaign stickers on the door. But only vegan stuff can be placed inside.

No ten horses could get me to move there.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

that seems in some ways to be more restrictive than a learners permit.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Some states have such restrictions on "provisional" licenses (up to age 18, usually) and, yes, also on learner's permits. My son could only drive with one of us in the car (learner permit - he was 18 by the time he got is license).

Reply to
krw

The little old lady from Pasadena?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Or someone wants an ugly visor.

Reply to
krw

One fix is that we should start charging PARENTS when their kids f*ck up.

Then, MAYBE PARENTS would get off their asses and make sure their kids have more integrity than a Hulk Hogan raised Real-ality retard.

Some crimes should result in the seizure of entire estates.

Reply to
MrTallyman

Of course, it's intentional. Most teen accidents happen when it's a car-load of "teenies". ...Jim Thompson

The most serious accidencts happen when there is two or more cars with teenagers. "My Camaro beats the s..t out of your Mustang any time" ... "Oh yeah? Let's see!"

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

That's not necessarily a "teenie" problem.

I've been know to be sitting at a traffic light and somebody will pull up beside me in a Mustang, gunning their engine, making noise and a general nuisance of themselves. When the light changes, I'm gone... that 4.5L engine in my Q45 has a mind of its own >:-}

(I just got an invite to pre-order a Q50 ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Worse, when a teen is trying to impress a teenette. We had one of them around here this weekend. Another bad situation is when a teenette dumps a teen who's parents just gave him ZR1 for his 16th birthday.

Reply to
krw

I used to have that problem with my '66 GTO. It had a very quiet exhuast, till I opened the throttle. Then I left them sitting there.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell