Cool cheap auto-darkening welding mask

Someone was looking for an inexpensive mask, found this one:-

I tried to find something equally manly related to Obama.. but nope.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Den torsdag den 17. december 2015 kl. 17.46.10 UTC+1 skrev Spehro Pefhany:

hope it works, getting arc-eyes is something you only try once imagine someone shoveling gravel into your eyes and rubbing it in with a wirebrush

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

We need smart LCD glasses that go dark whenever an image of Obama appears on a screen or a newspaper.

On a sunny day (Thu, 17 Dec 2015 11:53:33 -0500) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Thu, 17 Dec 2015 09:05:44 -0800 (PST)) it happened Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote in :

I have been in a sand storm once... Somebody had parked their car there, it was blank metal next morning.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Wow, that's a lot of feces...or was it faces?

Reply to
Bill Martin

The world has gotten a lot darker since Obama was elected.

Reply to
krw

Rather than rely on hope, try your UV laser pointer on the lens; if you cannot see any beam transmission, it's probably just fine. I checked my inexpensive mask, and even with the ND filter flipped up, the clear plate was a VERY impressive UV block.

This, technically, only tests 405 nm narrowband, but it's better than depending on labels.

Reply to
whit3rd

I've always been skeptical about how quickly these things can darken. It would need to be pretty instantaneous, but are they really capable of flipping from clear that fast?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Millions of these helmets have been sold. They use the same general technology as LCD tv's . And the same technology that was used in 1950 by Bergstrand to measure the velocity of light. ( Note Bergstrand used a kerr cell, not a LCD )

They switch fast enough that you do not have any discomfort from the flash. And they filter the UV all the time. What more do you want?

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I've got one with my TIG welder, and yes, they are more than fast enough and _very_ convenient in use.

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

Crap! Piece of shit. Mine got a picture of Jesus! lol

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

I thought Obame was already 'dark'?

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

That's a cheap way of sanding your car. Where was that? I want to paint my car ...

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

Works great on head light lenses, too.

Reply to
krw

Of course they will be taken off first. :)

joe

Reply to
Joe Hey

After she gets elected, it'll be the reeducation camp for you! Better make sure your tax return is *perfect*.

Reply to
krw