Collective Salvation

You have to see...

and read...

.... Opium of the Masses Monday, September 8, 2008, 11:41 AM A friend of this blog sent me a message this last weekend. They informed me of a link on Obama?s campaign website, ?Public Allies? and informed me that once there if you read a bit you would find the statement, ?Individual salvation depends on collective salvation.? Now I know that you are saying to yourself, what?s the big deal? That sounds good. But it isn?t until you begin to pull apart the weave of the Obama narrative that you discover his affinity for the word collective. In the real world, outside the one inhabited by the Obama?s, the word collective in the way and manner that the Obama?s use it skirts the border of communism. Okay, I was being nice, it doesn?t skirt it or even flirt with it, it crosses the line into full fledged Marxist territory. That is one of the planks of communism. Since you have to disclose too much personal information if you wish to visit Obama?s website I took to the internet in search of the Obamessiah in his own words. The internet is a nasty graveyard for every word uttered by anybody who matters and even those who don?t. Out of the mouth of ?The One? himself we hear him tout a philosophy of the communist platform, ??My individual salvation is not going to come about without a collective salvation for the country .? These words were also echoed in a speech he gave as he stood in for an ailing Ted Kennedy during a commencement speech at Wesleyan, ??.because our individual salvation depend on collective salvation. Because thinking only about yourself, fulfilling your immediate wants and needs, betrays a poverty of ambition. Because only when you hitch your wagon to something greater than yourself that you realize your true potential and discover the role that you?ll play in writing the next chapter in the American story.? These words only hold power if you begin by understanding that in a world conjured up by Karl Marx a society where the individual must cease and the pursuit must be one where you become a productive part of the collective.

Capitalism is the enemy of Marxism, it is the truest form of individualism depending on one?s self to either succeed or fail. But make no mistake, capitalism is what America is based upon and there is a stark contrast between the America of our fathers and their fathers and the world of collectivism preached by Karl Marx. It doesn?t take much of an effort to look at the teachings of Marx and the speeches from Obama to see that his agenda is an approach to align itself more with the idea of collectivism versus the American Dream as realized through capitalism. Here are just a few of examples of the collectivist proposals, some are merely in the spirit of Marx while others are a modern day manifestation of a philosophy that is diametrically opposed to American values and beliefs. Obama wants to reinstate the death tax, a Marxist tenant which moves us closer to rather than further away from abolishing all rights of inheritance. He is an advocate of the ?Fairness Doctrine? which stands alongside Marxism to perpetuate the idea that the free market is not an adequate way to express political and social ideas. He supports the attendance of all children to a single system public school, Marxist in philosophy that once again separates individual rights in favor of a collective form of education. His mortgage bailout plan and healthcare plan are moves to centralize these programs under the government rather than trusting them to the free market, capitalism versus Marxism. Obama like Marx has called for an army of volunteers or community activists as preached through his ?Public Allies? program. This is eerily similar to the industrial and agricultural armies of Karl Marx. In my estimation these examples should serve as a warning to any American that an Obama administration would usher in a new era of social consciousness that undermines the basic principle of what America is. Instead of building strong individual Ameri-Cans it seeks to define all of us as Ameri-Cant?s, unable or unwilling to take on personal responsibility while seeking comfort within the collective rather than the satisfaction and pride as individuals. This is a philosophy that has been pulled from the depths of the ideological graveyard and is being polished and offered as the only key salvation for this nation.

The opium of the masses, that is what Karl Marx called religion. ?Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, just as it is the spirit of a spiritless situation. It is the opium of the people,? to be more specific, that was Karl Marx. My fear in this election is that Barack Obama is the sigh of a restless America, the heart of a heartless pessimist, the spirit of spiritless movement. Barack Obama is the opium for those who are dissatisfied with their country. Buried deep in the code of Obama?s words and displayed through his personal alignments beat the heart of a man who feels that his destiny is to become the leader of the free world, to change the America that was built by the individual and replace it with one managed by an individual. If you believe that government is the answer then by all means vote for Obama. If you believe that the power of this country resides in the heart and the soul of the individual then I would ask that you seriously think twice about casting a vote for Barack Obama because the only faith that he has in the individual is the belief that you want nothing more than to become part of his collective society.

Of course that is just my take.

- Eric L. Burton,

...Jim Thompson

                   Liberals are so ignorant...
         They don\'t even know the definition of ignorant