Coldest winter in 1,000 years on its way

Vinland was not Greenland, but what is now the island of Newfoundland, part of Canada's province of Newfoundland and Labrador.

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@misty.com)
Reply to

I hope this isn't true! It's hard enough to deal with -40 F here on a yearly basis. I don't know how much colder it could possibly get!

Reply to
UAFEEUndergrad

--
Don't you mean -40C?
Reply to

;-) ...Jim Thompson

               I can see November from my house :-)

No, he said -40 F. LOL Either way, it's cold.

Reply to
tm

..

Age

lol, -40F, -40C...same diff..... and yeah! ITS COLD! gotta love Alaska

Reply to
UAFEEUndergrad

9,000 years ago, it was damned near all connected. Water (sea) levels were a couple hundred feet lower... more even.
Reply to
Bungalow Bill

I wonder how many people this flew right past...

Reply to
My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do

We should fill up the rest of the grand canyon. That big U shaped thing can be a diving board.

All nations should begin a program of creating and filling as big of a fresh water reservoir as they possibly can, and then filling it ONLY with water from the ice shelves of the world.

That way, the oceans can evaporate and accumulate more up there, and sea levels will fall.

The result? Instead of drowning current shorelines, new ones and new lands will be created.

Once we perfect railguns, we can start shooting ice chunks to the Moon.

Then, maybe we can stop worrying about a few degrees of change.

Before all that happens though...

The poles will shift and we're all screwed anyway.

Reply to
My Name Is Tzu How Do You Do

Wimp! I grew up in Minnesota:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I'm a Minnesotan originally (moved to So. Cal some years ago), and this made me think of the Minnesota Temperature Conversion Chart:

;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Duh. -40 is the intersection of the C and F scales.

Interestingly, it's also the freezing point of mercury, approximately.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Gee, Ft. Greely, AK. has hit -69° F.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What do you mean "Either way"? -40° F is -40° C

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, you don't. I lived there in the '70s.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Didn't I put the lol in there? But thanks, it's nice to know that -40 F is the same as -40 C. I always thought that -40 C = -40 F.

:)

tm

Reply to
tm

You are about as lost as it can get.

Reply to
I AM THAT I AM

You left out the degree mark both times.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

BFD. So sue me.

Reply to
tm

Jeez.

How sophisticated do you need to be to learn how to depress the alt key and 2 then 4 then 8 then release?

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan