Clamp Fastening a Non-Isolated TO-220

oops.. squish if it is ...

Good ..No squishy.. :)

Just checked Digikey for shoulder washers

100min quantity at ~$20.00/box. I'll have shoulder washers for a lifetime.. :)

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

This ain't the thread, Larkin brought it up, and I couldn't resist jabbing Ms Polly Prissy Pants ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Stormy on the East Coast today... due to Bush\'s failed policies.

MIT has always specialized in wedgies. ;)

Cheers,

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I spotted keywords to use in those links.

I used keywords 'plastic bolts' on Digikey.ca and Digikey.com and just got a list of non-stock..

'machine screw nylon' returns stock items.. Doh!

I didn't know screws and bolts are synonymous.

' A universally accepted distinction between a screw and a bolt (in the context of threaded fasteners) does not exist.'

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Sno-o-o-o-ort ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Stormy on the East Coast today... due to Bush\'s failed policies.

This is why I let them keep sending me a paper catalog. Some things are just hard to find in a search engine.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Surely you meant "wedge-heads"

John

I had researched those clips last fall to rebuild the HV supply in several test instruments (a repair job). Had to concoct a replacement circuit due to extinction of the VB408 regulators they used. These clips were the best solution to mount the replacement components in a tight space. Took a while to find them though... Just thumbed through the Mouser paper catalog until I saw something that would work to find out what to call them. That's one of the biggest problems with online catalogs... if you don't know the right terminology, the parts are nearly impossible to find. Hope they work for you Cheers!

--
Dave M
masondg44 at comcast dot net

One good thing about Alzheimer\'s; you get to meet new people every day.
Reply to
Dave M

Do you mean something like this? _ _________ \\___/ \\ Xstr body \\ \\______Screw_________

Have you tried googling something like "IC mounting clamp"? (with or without quotes). or even searching Digi-Key?

Or do you mean edgewise (however you'd accomplish something like that)

Or maybe a bar across the part, mildly bowed, held down by a screw on either side?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I'm taking it on faith that, having tasted power, and being so astute and all, you've found that Love feels so much better. ;-D

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

..but Mouser does.

Reply to
Robert Baer

I wonder if he was the Big Neidermeyer On Campus. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

My wife Mo worked her way through BU waiting tables. She and the other waitresses used to laugh at the MIT geeks. They would hide behind piles of books as they ate and were mostly inarticulate and terrified of girls. And they were lousy tippers.

MIT was also famous for suicides. Some nerd who was the smartest kid in Cedar Rapids would show up and be intellectually crushed, lonely, and frozen. Read "The Idea Factory."

I went to Tulane, a serious party school that invented the "Gentlemen's C"; pay your tuition, show up for class now and then, don't get the Dean's daughter pregnant, and you'll do OK.

John

The standard TO220 mounting is two insulating bushings and a mica insulator.

Bob

Reply to
<castlebravo242

As usual, Larkin generalizes. I've always done well with females, and I've always been a good tipper.

The broads at BU used to parade nude before their open dormitory windows... so much so that every frat house on the MIT side of the Charles had a viewing room, with telescope ;-)

That's true. Particularly those of oriental descent. Produced some amusement... guy in East Campus Houses (where I resided one year), fixed his hangman noose to run out of rope just before ground level, then jumped from the 5th floor stairwell. When he ran out of rope his speed was so fast that the rope broke, dropping him about 8', breaking both legs, but leaving him alive. So much for engineering ;-)