IR thermometer (IIRC, to D from BC)

Sometimes ago I think that you (D from BC) have posted a link to a neat small IR thermometer that had a small measuring spot and was cheap enough, but I fail to find it right now.

Do you have the link?

--
Thanks,
Fred.

D hasn't been around for a while (where'd he go?) so I'll jump in here. Could this

be what you were looking for?

Several vendors carry it, including

Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to
Rich Webb

I don't remember what it was, but that one vaguely tell something, so... Thanks anyway.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

a7yvm109gf5d1

I think it was this one...

Martin Riddle

Yup..

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Busy with summer stuff but still lurk on here.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Here's a $25 IR thermometer.

If the link is too long, just search for Duratrax FlashPoint.

RogerN

Reply to
RogerN

Ah ha. Looks like Thermoworks source is Zytemp.

Price comparison:

Zytemp TN01U from web-tronics $129.95

No labels.

Thermoworks $159.00

Has Thermoworks label.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Does the DuraTrax have a 0.1" spot size?? I don't think so.

For example: A 0.1" spot size enables scanning over 1/4W or 1206 resistor clusters to find an overheating resistor.

D from BC myrealaddress(at)comic(dot)com BC, Canada Posted to usenet sci.electronics.design

Reply to
D from BC

Martin Riddle a écrit :

Indeed. Thanks!

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Spot size to distance ratio is way to much at 1:1.3

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Right. I had to spot hot components and all I did was insert a small tube to restrict the size of the sense spot. It worked fine. It might change the temp a bit but I didn't need absolute temp.

greg

Reply to
GregS