cheap SMT LED's

I need to source a large quantity(1k-2k to start) of cheap SMT(about

1mmx1mm) RGB LED's max avg current of about 25mA or so. I'm not paying a buck a piece ;/ I found some everlights on mouser for about 25c each for quantities over 100 but now they have almost doubled in price(up to 43c) in about 6 months.
Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Of course, I'm asking if anyone knows of a source. (accidently hit the send button)

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

try hebeiltd - decent prices for low quantities

Reply to
RHRRC

I have not seen RGB so small (1mmx1mm). We are using bigger one (2mmx2mm, 100mA) for roughly 50c. I will ask if they can find smaller one.

Reply to
linnix

Actually. it's more like 5mmx6mm (5060).

Reply to
linnix

that should be 1.6mmx1.6 or so

can be a little larger or smaller.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

15% increase for a 100$ worth. Doesn't seem to be much different than mouser. (more expensive actually for lower quantities)
Reply to
Jon Slaughter

I have some RGB modules with 256 tri-color LEDs (768 total) installed on it, along with 6 controller ICs and heavy, metal heat sinking. The whole thing sold for about $60 each, I think. So, including a lot of useful drive circuitry and mechanicals work, about 24 cents each. They were sold for panels that would be 20 wide and maybe 15 or 16 high, so they were probably purchased in around $20k buys, at least. Spacing was 3-5mm and the tiny LEDs occupied perhaps 1mm square in the middle of each. Memory serving.

An SMT tri-color without the circuitry and mechanicals should, I'd expect, be less. I'm curious how things have changed, though, so I'll be watching the thread. It's been a few years.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Kirwan

This one goes for 30c @2k, right?

638-19337R6GHBHC-A01

linnix

Yes, thats the one I ordered before... but I ordered only 200@25c each. Almost have doubled in price now.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

I got some RGB LEDs in strips. They are in groups of 3 mounted on 3" FPC strips for $1 each. So, each LEDs should cost less then 33c, if the 150ohm resistors and FPC are free. They runs off 12V and much easier to deal with than SMD LEDs directly.

Reply to
linnix

I'm using SML-LX0603SIW-TR. 28 cents in 100 qty from Digi Key. 0603 package. Only need 5 mA unless you are in strong ambient light.

--
Mark
Reply to

oops, didn't see the RGB bit. Above diode is only mono color.

Reply to
qrk

The only 1x1mm RGB I know is by Rohm, in their picoled range. 25ma for 3 colours may be pushing it thermally though.

Mike Harrison

A mob called Vertical claim to have 2000 of those for $0.24ea:

Dave.

http://www.eevblog.com
Reply to
David L. Jones