cheap schottky diode

I am looking for a cheap small thro' hole schottky. It must be thro hole and small - eg DO35 size The reverse volts is trivial (max4V) it is merely for clamping 300uA to 300mv or below. Only 1 or 2k are required over about 18 months! For this quantity I have looked at some of the catalogue distributors but the prices are huge for anything schottky.

Any suggestions as to device and source? I have noticed that the lowest spec'd devices are not necessarily the lowest priced in these quantities.

Ta

Reply to
RHRRC

You can buy 10 of these from Digikey for $2,25 plus postage: http://59.120.39.77/mccsemi/up_pdf/SD103A-SD103C(DO-35).PDF

Reply to
John Popelish

Mouser sells lots of axial leaded Schottkys for less than $0.50 each. For instance, this one is $0.20 for quantity 1.

*schottky*+*diode*+*do35*&N=1323038+1491524+0
No minimum order charge, either.

Reply to
John Popelish

Mouser, ST 1N5711, 7 cents each at 1K.

John

Getting pretty close on the 300mV forward drop at 300uA, though. Might work.

Reply to
John Popelish

Since you are in the UK then RS Components, Farnell etc will stock BAT43

At such low current Vf should easily be well below 300mV.

RS sells in 500+ for UKP0.09 ea. CPC Farnell only give 25+ price at UKP0.18 ea so will probably be similar to RS at 500+

Reply to
Ross Herbert

">

100+ 8p
Reply to
martin.shoebridge

Thanks for that. I only quickly scanned the first column for prices in RS, Fnl, Rapid etc and was put off by the extortionate prices. RS charge 49p each at one off, 9p at 100 off. The 100 off price still seems expensive but where does the 49p come from. These small shottky's appear to carry the highest low quantity surcharge of any device. Dont buy 3 buy 100 - 100 is cheaper.

PS My friendly distributor, as a favour - and certainly nothing to do with a =A34.5M pa account, is going to supply the diodes at sensible prices in these low quntities

Reply to
RHRRC

only quickly scanned the first column for prices in

Just for the record, Rapid's price for the BAT43 is =A30.10 for 1+ and =A30.08 for 100+.

mikegbridge