Cheap Ghz SMD resistors

Sometimes you can kick them in other ways. Use their own rules against them,

Many years ago my Dad was paralysed after a stroke. They (the township) told me I could not have a proper wheelchair ramp for him. That was their first mistake. Their second was telling me it would take 60-90 days to appeal. The third was telling me I had to use a temporary AL ramp. After finding out that AL ramps rented on the order of 350$ a month, and were too narrow for Dad's chair, I was POed. I didn't have the time or money to get a lawyer. Winter was coming and Dad had two weeks of rehab. So I went the to the university law library, and got busy finding property precedent all the way back to the middle ages. Then I used the ADA against them. With my neighbors help, I built a fully ADA compliant ramp in the front yard, 4 foot wide, with the less then 1" in 21" slope, which amounted to 40 linear feet of plywood with a right angle turn. So the township convinced a local contractor to complain to the the county that I was building a ILLEGAL deck.

The county building inspector types, Nam vets, both of them, did not take kindly to finding out they had fined me 300$ a day to deny a WWII vet access to his house. So they marched me into the county architect's office. He said can you do a drawing? . Out came the ink and mylar and I was back the next day. . He reviewed my very amateur drawings , made a few changes and threatened to slap his PE stamp on them. That allowed me to go head to head with the county solicitor and the local zoning inspector. Then a friend donated me some low VOC varnish for the wood, and I didn't know it at the time, but he slipped a dye in it that changed to bright orange to indicate a complete cure of the polymer. Then I went to the fire department and confirmed the gurney would fit on the ramp. Add one seriously POed fire chief to the mix.

By the time I got done a hour away at the county seat, Mom had told at one local official that if he ever came on the property again, without a warrant and a officer of the peace with him, he would be met with a loaded shotgun which might go off.

I was told we were too much of a bother and to just build the small ramp. As a matter of precedent, I decided to leave the big monster up, with my neighbor's support.

Six months later a similar incident came up where a 14 year old girl with MS was blocked from having a ramp by her neighbors. Whoops. Suddenly the township was scared of being sued. So in a twist of fate, guess whom they called. I ended up being tasked with writing the draft rule for the zoning board. They got handed 15 pages.

It got distilled down to all you need is a MD's note for a ramp, which is what I wanted in the first place.

My big mistake was, admittedly, asking for help and permission from the township.

But no regrets, I made sure the next person who had trouble, would not have to go through the same mess that I did. \\

So you can fight city hall once in a while and win.

Steve

Reply to
osr

We can do that here. Walking distance to a couple of churches, a Safeway, a dog park, a kid park, a baseball diamond, an actual canyon with stream, a village with a hardware store, restaurants, bar, public library, a neighborhood fancy food store, a bookstore, stuff like that. You can walk most places on dirt lanes and stairways and pick blackberries on the way, safe from cars. 13 minutes from SFO. But you can't do that living in the burbs on a quiet 10 acres. It's a tradeoff.

John

It looks like its for sale again, and they are trying to make a big profit.

Industrial warehouse complex with 113,000 sq ft

Price: $3,400,000

BR/BA: 10+ BA

Property Type: Office Space for Sale

Sq feet: 113,000 Sq. Feet

Location: Ocala, FL

Amenities: Parking

491 Oak Road, Ocala Description 113,000 sq ft office warehouse complex for sale at 3,400,000 or lease at 2.75 sq ft gross. Ample lighting, parking, electricity, 30 = bathrooms, easily subdivided. great location, runs contigeous with a railroad (florida central) Contact
or Juan Adriatico at 386-527-2486
Michael A. Terrell

Well, it ain't 10 acres here. Normal small village. They just forgot the sidewalks. So everybody drives and gains weight ;-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Good man.

I am not an advocate of ADA suits, at least not of the predatory kind. But this is a clear case where unleashing the full brunt of the legal arsenal is warranted.

Some press exposure also doesn't hurt in such cases.

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

One thing that's rare, almost non-existant in Duh City is drive-thrus. There are parts of the country where the McDonalds and Dunkin Donuts are empty inside, but there's a 20-minute line at the drive-thru, with lots of idling Escalade SUVs and Dodge Ram diesels... and empty parking spots. And since you're lucky to park within 6 blocks of a selected destination, we walk a bit.

We walk down into the village to shop and eat and such. 6 blocks, about 200 vertical feet.

John

That's something I never did, in all my years that I live in America. I always pull into the parking lot and walk in. Eating behind the wheel is a concept I just don't grasp. And it can be messy, as evidenced in the Carl's Junior ads ... splat ... whoops.

My very first time in America over 30 years back: Did an oil change on the rental car. The rental place manager was absolutely stunned that we'd even thought about that. Gave us a check for reimbursement. Bank was across the street. They had _only_ a drive-through window, no tellers inside. "But we just returned our car" ... "Well, you have to come by car". So I walked up the drive-thru lane and after some argueing they cashed the check.

San Francisco is a large city, just like San Diego where you can also walk pretty much anywhere. Other cities such as Sacramento used to be like that but then blight set in. Large swaths of the city are boarded up former store fronts :-(