CF v HDD

removable

?

I have formatted removable drives and (HD like) media from both MSwin=20 and Linux. QED it is doable. Depending on the media you may have=20 to jump though some extra hoops. Also have done DVD-RAM, i have media=20 so why not?

Reply to
JosephKK

What tools did you use? We tried DOS FDISK and Norton GDISK under MSDOS, both won't partition the card until it has had the removable flag set.

This was for a bootable CD-ROM which partitions the card, then loads the OS and apps onto the card from a Norton Ghost image on the CD. There are probably better ways of doing this, but it worked for us at the time.

Reply to
<news

removable

removable

an

mode,

do

were=20

=20

=20

=20

I used parted from Linux. This was for a removable media hard disk, and=20 USB / firewire disconnectable volumes (includes flash); but not a memory = card.

Reply to
JosephKK