amplifier not working

Hi,

I have an old Fisher CA-56 amplifier. It would appear I have lost volume control on both speakers and the earphone jack. One of the spaekers went out some time ago. Lately, the other one too went out. When I was pushing or twisting the volume control slide, I was sometimes able to get the speakers working. I opend the slide volume control, and cleaned it. Now nothing works.

Any idea of what's wrong?

Regards

Richard

Reply to
Richard

Most likely a bad volume potentiometer. No doubt the slide type controls are hard to get as replacement parts.

Two channel receivers are so cheap nowadays it might be cheaper to just replace your old amp with a new receiver - total cost $125 or less.

Good luck.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Richard ha escrito:

test by bypassing the pot or slider, if you get full volume you'll know the output stage is ok! (maybe best to use a resistor or bridge with a pot of the same impedence as the suspect to save your speakers from a loud blast.)

-b.

And ears! ;-)

----- No. Am I a top-poster?

Reply to
simo.kaltiainen

Yep. But maybe it is possible to replace it with rotary one, by a little modding...

----- No. Do I reply for top-posters?

Reply to
simo.kaltiainen