CD4060 Xtl Osc. Circuit

tuned=20

in a

the

As a quick guess, perhaps a thermal/power pad?

Reply to
JosephKK

probability of

to a

the

Cost? Silicon oscillators are around a buck fifty while these are less than a buck:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Have a look at SiTime then... (SiT8102 for ex.)

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Those are indeed pretty good. I'd have hoped for some phase noise plots in the datasheet but the jitter specs look nice:

However, while they were announced over two years ago at $1 in qties they haven't made it into Digikey. That's usually a sign for a boutique product:

Most of my clients prefer parts to be available at places like Digikey.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

"Steve Upton" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@news.tpg.com.au...

Well, there's the 4060, the crystal and the circuit. All of them may cause the problem.

One CD4060 may differ from another. Although the internal circuit should be the same, they act different and has different specs depending on de manufacturer. If not driven to their limits they're usually compatible.

Crystals are made in many types and qualities. You'd have the datasheet of the manufacturer to find out how that particular crystal should be applied.

The external circuit depends on both components above. The circuit shown in QRM may be the best for the available components but is rather unusual.

The 100k resistor for instance is too low. Seems that 100k is to high a load for the invertor. It should be 1M maybe even more.

The capacitors depend on the crystal characteristics. If you don't have the datasheet you can try from 22pF upward to - let's say - 56pF. No reason to use different values for the two of them.

When using 12V power supply a series resistor may be necessary to limit the current through the crystal. The 2k2 can be a little too high however. You can try 1k for instance but wait until all other maesures fail.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

SOT-23s with a power pad? I think we got the answer, though.

Reply to
krw

probability of

to a

the

But it's a bit on the expensive side with a useless divider tacked on.

Reply to
krw

tuned=20

(1/10/100) in a

does the

It has been interesting reading. I am about to get an attitude about = TQFP and=20 smaller / finer pitch. Just not hand handlable any more (at least for = some older=20 folk such as me).

Reply to
JosephKK

much.

Perhaps they are disguising that they really should be QRN. Much like = the EDN=20 article (no improvement in S/N in 30 years, -10 dB or worse).

Reply to
JosephKK

much.

from

Please recheck Phil, i remember QRN as being QRNovice (pejorative).

Reply to
JosephKK

recommended by

on EACH

shift with

crank it=20

it=20

circuitry.

the

that's not=20

can=20

for=20

:-)

Excuse my ignorance, but that sounds very scary. Physical mode control=20 would have to be very reliable; else there could be unwanted transferred=20 mechanical stresses.

Reply to
JosephKK

:-)

May i suggest that both of you reacquaint yourselves with NTP (network=20 time protocol). It is an intentionally very simple protocol, with=20 intentionally very useful byproducts.

Reply to
JosephKK

Quit giving me static. ;)

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

circuitry.

Membrane!! "Thick" ring with etched membrane (from both below and above). ...Jim Thompson

Can be a challenge. For example some of my stuff gets deployed way out there. Sometimes there isn't even cell coverage, let alone an Internet connection.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

I am aware of NTP and IEEE 1588. It requires master clock station regardless; the accuracy is insufficient for our applications.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky