carrier recovery in a QPSK receiver

Hi

Im really new to comms

can somebody pls explain

"how carrier recovery can be achieved in a QPSK receiver"

i check on google and every where i couldnt find the way !

pls help me out

thanks a lot

Reply to
praviendre

It's a secret ;-)

...Jim Thompson

thanks telling me that :(

Reply to
praviendre

It's like a Costas loop.

Google on "clock recovery" and QPSK

...Jim Thompson

i did google on QPSK but couldnt find anything on carrier recovery !

thnaks for help me

Reply to
praviendre

Google Advanced...

Exact Phrase box... carrier recovery

With all the words box... QPSK

The very first item... a PLL clock re-insertion.

You ARE required to think ;-)

If you haven't studied the professor's notes... oh well... what can I say?

...Jim Thompson

my bloody lecturer didnt give any notes in this subject area and gave us this assignment :(

anyway i did the google advanced search

and i found this

Digital Receiver: Carrier Recovery

i saw that page earlier and it was all about a "The phase-locked loop (PLL)" so i thought its not good for me :) never heard of "phase-locked loop " before :)

thanks !

Reply to
praviendre

i did google on "QPSK", couldnt find anything on carrier recovery

Reply to
praviendre

You're kidding, right?? Try again with QPSK and 'carrier recovery' both in the search term.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Here is everything you would ever need to know about QPSK.

Rick

It sounds like you should be posting on news:sci.electronics.basics if you don't know what a PLL is.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The very first time I saw a PLL circuit, I was trying to fix it. That's educational.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Yep. Hands-on beats all other forms of education.

...Jim Thompson

It was buried in the middle of an analog sonar analyzer. All kinds of stuff in there that no one makes any more -- a delay-line time-compressor built around a length of glass fiber, a D/A circuit built of discrete transistors with two pots for each bit (the alignment procedure for that board had a handwritten note in the margin - "I've got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle" - spurs being the nickname for spurious signals). That generation of instruments was eventually replaced by all-digital FFT circuits that had

5V, 100A power supplies hung on the back of each cabinet.

Now it's all done in software.

Reply to
Richard Henry