0402 means 1uF

and

0805 means 4.7uF?

How to read it ?

Thank you very much!

Best regards, Boki

Reply to
Boki

0405 means that the dimensions (footprint) of the part are 4/100 inch by 2/100 inch. 0805 means that the dimensions of the part are 8/100 inch by 5/100 inch.

0402 and 0805 have nothing to do with the value of the part, or even if it is a capacitor, resistor, inductor, or diode.

At least this is simpler than that a 2 by 4 is a piece of lumber 1.5 inches thick and 3.5 inches wide.

Reply to
John Popelish

I live in the great U. S. of A. What's "metric"? ;-)

Reply to
John Popelish

The 'ordinary' 0402 is that, but there are also metric 0402 parts (0.4mm x 0.2mm), which are smaller than the 0201 parts.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

John Popelish =E5=AF=AB=E9=81=93=EF=BC=9A

Got it, thank you very much !

Best regards, Boki.

Reply to
Boki

this program helps a " Electronics assistant " it has helped me out alot it has resistance capacitance, power, other makes it easy and best of all its free

Reply to
kidkv

Dunno, ask the rocket scientists who so successfully crashed a Mars probe :-)

Reply to
Roger

You thing "standard" is bad, try looking into the idiots who invented "whitman" sizing....Consult your local Saab/Scania/Gillig dealership...

At least we americans are the only ones stupid enough to mix english with metric in our GM cars...Then again we voted Bush for president not once but twice....That's what you get for spending 45x more on defense than education...

Yay republicans..................right?

Reply to
Electromotive Guru

The "standart" definition of "inch" and related confussion.

Have fun

Stanislaw Slack user from Ulladulla.

Reply to
Stanislaw Flatto

You are blaming the Republicans for the size markings on capacitors??

Reply to
mc

Apparently, different things to different people:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

That system you use to keep all the modern component dimensions from coming out with funny numbers. Like the 0402 that is actually 1mm x

0.5mm.

At 20,000 components per standard reel, the 'metric' 0402 = 01005 parts are getting a bit much for anything but consumer products, but even then the packaging is most of the volume.

A baseball-sized volume (~9" circumference) would hold..

((4/3) * (36.4mm)^3)/(0.4 * 0.2 * 0.13) = 4.6 million of them.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

The system that gave us the Japanese 2.5mm screw and the French 2.6mm screw, which aren't interchangeable.

Reply to
mc

What French 2.6 mm screw is that ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

"Pooh Bear" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com...

screw,

Just mc's plain fantasy.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

The Japanese did come out with some kind of different '+' srew head than the Philips to avoid paying royalties, IIRC, but that's nothing to do with metric.

The only 2.6mm screws I've spec'd were self-tapping or self-threading.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

ISTR 1.27mm allen headed grub screws

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

I think it's called 'ISO metric' IIRC.

The + is shaped differently to Philips. Our Pozidrive or Supadriv screwdrivers fit it perfectly though and it gives a more positive drive.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Maybe marsians have a different thumbsize ..? :-)

Reply to
pbdelete

I thought he was blaming poor education for the existence of Republicans.

Reply to
jpopelish