Canon PowerShot SX50 HS questions

  1. Minimum write speed for maximum video quality settings ? (Needed to determine which flash card to buy).

What is maximum write speed of the camera (chip?) ?

  1. Which bag(s) are suited for it ?

  1. Which tripod(s) are suited for it ? (I am 1m90 and need a long one which can also aim up into the sky, and down towards the floor, and ofcourse turn).

  2. Optionally since I will probably be able to figure this one out myself:

Which flash card reader is compatibility with cards mentioned in question (1), and what is the speed of this flash card reader ?

(My PC's motherboard supports usb 2.0, usb 3.0 is said to be backwards compatible but might have newer instructions not supported by usb 2.0 ?).

I am also looking for actual usage experiences of users of this camera, so for you the following questions:

  1. Did your arms starts to hurt because of the weight during long usage ? This could mandate a tripod for longer usage.

  1. How is the battery quality ? Do they still work ? Is the recharge time ok ? Did the batteries fall out when trying to open it ? How long is their average usage time ? How many times can they be recharged ?

  2. How does this camera perform in low light for capturing planes in the sky ? ;) Any success with that ?

Additional information and questions:

  1. How long is the power cord for: Canon ACK-DC80 AC Adapter Kit ? Any issues with it ?

  1. Battery information according to Canon: NB-10L Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack

(I would like multiple of these for any time usage, even while others are recharging).

  1. This card reader seems interesting though it has many cables at the back:

DeLOCK USB 2.0 Card Reader 3.5 57 in 1 + 1 x USB 2.0 Port

Questions:

  1. What is it's write/read speed ? Can they cables be detached ? Any issues with the reliability of the device ?

So far I am having the most difficulty with:

  1. Finding matching flash cards, finding matching bag, finding matching tripod, maybe even finding matching flash card reader.

Many too choose from, especially the information and prices and speed about/of flash cards fluctuate wildly. (Some cheap models seem to be faulty, and the expensive ones I don't know if it's overkill speed wise and if those are true speeds).

Buying this high quality/high zoom camera seems to be no easy task.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Also one more important detail if possible:

The tripod should be "high action" capable.

In other words, it must move/turn smoothly and fastly to be able to catch stuff in the act/tracking, but still be gently in it's adjustments/accuracy.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

What the f*ck does this camera not have a ufo mode ?

The ufo comes by once every 400 days at unexpected moment in life.

I might have shot something else in the mean time, this means camera settings wrong.

When the ufo comes by I have no time to change camera settings.

The bag must open in 1 second.

The camera must come out in 1 second.

The camera must power on in 1 second.

The camera must have "ufo at night" and "ufo at day light" and "ufo at evening" settings.

Only thing I should have to do is regulate zoom factor, maybe even this should be automated.

The ufo will be gone in 1 minute.

Steven Spielberd, John de Mol and James Cameron probably can't do it within this alloted time.

I hope I and others can ! ;)

Would be nice if digital camera manufacturers over some more help ;)

I am just hoping that the cannon settings can be changed fast, I fear the worst though.

Perhaps going back to store and asking for a demonstration would be best to make up my mind ;)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Possible solution:

3 special buttons on camera, attached to 3 custom setting modes.

User can setup custom setting modes preemptively.

Thus:

button 1 -> custom user setting 1 button 2 -> custom user setting 2 button 3 -> custom user setting 3

For ufo filming this could be done as follows:

1 setting for day time 1 setting for evening time 1 setting for night time.

At least this offers some hope.

Other possibilities could be:

zoom1 zoom2 zoom3

Perhaps in combination with different shutter speeds.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Tripod explanantion video, good for a tripod-newb like me:

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Skybuck Flying beweerde :

If you have the optional Sport-Package it will do 200 mph.

Reply to
Orac

Well,

After a few days of "researching" I finally put in my order for the equipment.

I am not going to tell you what I ordered because I don't feel comfortable telling you guys ;) :)

Because it's small and could be stolen very maybe ! Probably not, but ya never know ! ;)

It was quite a hunt for the ideal tripod, this required the most time.

So there ya go.

That's all I am going to say about it, I wish it was different, but from my previous postings, you can determine some of it ! ;)

It's also quite pricey but I won't say how much, wwwwoooowww yeah ! ;) :)

I am looking very much forward to trying it out and giving it a try, I hope I will not be disappointed by the zoom... and I think I won't be...

On the contrary probably, this is the most interesting piece of hardware I have come across in recent years...

Much more interesting than say an iPhone or an iPad or an Android...

At least for me...

Now my UFO hunting can soooooon begin ! + Extra's ! LOL.

If it works out well, I might make a tutorial so others can learn from it and know/learn what to buy if they want to become ufo hunters too.

If my setup is successfull or exceptionally good at filming planes/birds/ufo's I might just and probably will make a nice youtube video of it... too show (off) the quality of the video ! (captures/stabilization !)

Wow yeah ! ;) =D

SKYYYBBBBUCCCCKKK POOWEERRRRR ! ;) =D

Bye, Skybuck =D

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Laser op, gekke vent.

Reply to
DF

Ok guys,

My Canon Powershot SX50 HS + accessiores has arrived.

I ordered it at

I had to wait 1 week to get the special power adapter so the camera can work from the wall power socket.

It was well worth the wait ! ;)

I just tested the camera. I am scared as hell for being caught filming stuff lol.

So I just filmed all across my hallway onto the heating and also through the window... and I am very impressed by this device.

I think I am going to fall in love with it ! ;) =D

It has so much quality ozzing out of it ! I dare to touch it ! =DDDDD

Fortunately there is also a little clip which opens which makes it possible to take the power cord through it so the battery hatch closes properly.

I was scared there for a moment but fortunately Canon thought of that ! ;) Absolutely awesome... it does seem like an after thought but I am glad that little hatch is there ! ;)

Now I am going to charge a battery and then later I am going to test the flash disks.

I shall reveal what I bought in case my harddrive ever crashes, than at least the internet might have stored this message for the next 5 years or so, maybe even forever if it ends up on a forum or so ;)

3 x Sandisk SD Extreme 128GB SDXC 45MB/s euro: 597,00 1 x Canon Powershot SX50 HS euro: 449,00 1 x Canon DCC-850 euro: 29,95 3 x Canon NB-10L euro: 209,85 1 x Canon ACK-DC80 AC-Adapter euro: 69,95 1 x Velbon Sherpa 750R euro: 119,00

Total equipment costs: euro: 1.474,75 Delivery costs (special delivery): euro: 20,00

Total costs: euro: 1.494,75

It already feels like every penny is well spent on this beauty ! ;) =D

I shall treat her as a princess ! ;) =D

Also the delivery girl was kinda hot ! ;) =D

And that's all I am going to say about it for now ! lol ;) =D

Bye, Bye, Skybuck-Cameraman ! ;) =D

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

I wonder how long till the problems begin? Place your bets!

Reply to
JW

Oh my god,

I just came back from my sleep room, and I looked through the window.

And the tree which I looked at via the camera, is even much further away than I thought !

Like wow...

I am going: "Oh my god" ! ;) =D

I just can't believe the zoom factor on this thing ! It's whicked/awesome ! ;) =D

I had to watch the youtube video's at least a 100x times to believe it ! ;) =D

And now that I have this device myself I can already confirm it !

This thing ROCKS ! ;) =DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Bye, Skybuck =D

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

16 years ago, when the condom broke?
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Anyone else here starting to feel pity for the folks over at Canon customer service?

Skybuck, when you figure out all those camera controls, please photograph, and then post, a picture of whatever meds your doctor has you on. I guess I'm just downright curious at this point....

BTW: Hey Mike - hope all is well, etc.. Been busy as ___ here.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

service?

then post, a picture of whatever meds your doctor has you on. I guess I'm just downright curious at this point....

One day at a time...

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell