Canon SX50 HS Lens Cap/Cover Broke

Hello,

Today it was high time to clean my appartment, I was cleaning the top/ceiling luxa flex thingies and bam... the tripod falls over and hits the ground.

The camera hit the ground straight against the lens. Fortunately the lens cap/cover was on it as always to prevent dust/scratches/spit etc.

Unfortunately the Canon SX50 HS Lens Cap/Cover seems to be very weak/fragile.

It broke on the first fall/hit... it was a high fall/hard hit... but still.

I decided to immediatly film it because this is a bit of a problem. The lens is now in danger of getting scratch or dirty, so getting a replacement seems a smart thing to do.

Here is the video showing how it broke/fractured. (Every time I clean my house/computer something breaks ! :( ):

So carefull with your cameras... canon'owners...

You've been now warned hopefully... this thing/lens cover is thin and fragile !

Later when I have slept I shall sent an e-mail to the supplier or perhaps first I will look around to see if these things are sold seperately !

Anybody else have any experience with replacing lens covers ?! Anybody else had one break/fail on them ?!

Holyshit.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

I always throw away lens caps. Damned nuisances.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Yep, just put a UV filter on it to protect it.

Not too long ago I dropped a 50mm lens in a stream while changing it. It now a nice manual focus lens, with a red stripe;)

Martin Riddle

Buy a 3-D printer and make a new lens cap ?:-} ...Jim Thompson

Skybuck Flying gebruikte zijn klavier om te schrijven :

Hi!

Devine poop.

Bye, Orac.

Reply to
Meneer Orac

I dropped a small Nikon L20 into a stream, down on some rocks. It was fine.

Precision electronic instrumentation

Very entertaining video, thank you.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

It's damn good alright, but I reckon this one has it beat...

heers

--
Syd
Reply to

Deviant what?

Reply to
Cora

I dropped a stream into my iPhone, and it was bricked beyond repair.

Reply to
Skybuck Orac

Data stream, I bet...

Reply to