Calculating energy dissipation in a 3 phase motor/generator

Hi

I am some code to monitor a small 3 phase generator, and I was wondering about how to calculate the total energy dissipation. So far I have a routine to calculate the RMS current in one of the 3 wires coming out of the generator. I now need the resistance of the phase. I know that the resistance between any pair of the 3 wires is 15 ohms. Is RMS_current*15ohms the correct value to use to calculate power?

Once I have the power I was thinking I would accumulate the power readings into a variable periodically then, once I have finished x periods, multiply accumulated power by the total elapsed time to get dissipated energy. I can then look at my last few energy calculations and find if I need to slow down or turn off the generator. I need to do this to prevent over-heating in the generator.

Scott

Reply to
Scott Ronald