3 phase motor controller

Hi Guys,

I am trying to build a 3 phase controllor for a BLDC motor. However, going through the websites, not much help is found. I would like to know, where should i start? I am looking at a 3 phase driver TD310.

Any replies are much appreciated.

Thanks

ywz

Reply to
ydoubleuz

On the

website, you can also find the complete schematics, parts lists, and PIC code for their motor control demo boards, which you can also purchase for a few hundred bucks. They also have good WMV tutorials and excellent app notes. I have spent several years off and on researching motor controls, motor design, and basic component characteristics, and I'm still learning. I am going to build a motor controller for my own experimental purposes, for three phase induction motors. If not for the fact I am going to research some unique custom wound motors, I would just buy what I needed. Let me know when you have learned enough to engage in a serious discussion, and we can talk. Until then, you need to do some research and hands on experimentation.

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen

You can also take a look to ATMEL website

they have documents with several implementations for controlling BLDC motors. Some of them are complex, others very simple.

Cheers...

Franco.

Reply to
Franco

If you are talking about high voltage design (110-240 etc), couple an International Rectifier IRAMS modeule with a Microchip PIC 18f controller and all is done. Microchip even sell a dev board already kitted out ready to go. I used the microchip dev board to design a

3phase inverter for my father (retired engineer) so he could run some machinery. Build half dozen of them and they are going great guns.
Reply to
The Real Andy