Business with the Post Office

I have pretty much found that you need to check them all out. This christmas, we send some stuff priorty mail, and some stuff UPS, but it depends on the size. The UPS stuff was really large, and we were worried about lines at the post office. Then I had to drop some stuff off into the mail (we go to the post office itself to mail bills and other important stuff, don't trust the local box...) and I saw that there were only three people in line. Line was bigger at UPS!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie E.

I have a scale, a whole stock of FedEx box sizes, and a FedEx account... discounted rates by using AMEX.

I just pack and drop-off (a drop-off location on the Safeway corner, barely a mile away)... no standing in lines ;-) ...Jim Thompson

Because that's what your Obummercare will have everyone do.

Up your ass, of course.

Reply to
krw

No, it's *not* supposed to. It is government so it *will* run a deficit (though I think the USPTO is still a profit center).

Indeed! Quite like Fannie and Freddie.

Reply to
krw

Even though FedEx packages are often delivered by the USPS.

Reply to
krw

...and the business office like the IRS.

Reply to
krw

Was that via Express Mail or Media Mail?

Reply to
Robert Baer
[snip]

That's always the way I go.

Yep. Never! It's been almost 25 years ago now, but I used to FedEx _cash_ to my daughters when they were in college... 1/2 the price of a wire ;-) ...Jim Thompson

I use FedEx home delivery, it is, hard to believe, cheaper than USPS for modest-sized packages which need to be insured. I don't use UPS as the local "UPS Store" is not actually operated by UPS, just licenses their name, and charges an incredible fee for insurance. I occasionally send high value shipments of electronic gear, up to $30K per box, and they won't take them at the "store" you have to haul it all the way out to the real UPS counter. Also, I sometimes sell off machine tool stuff and electronic test gear, and UPS has smashed several of these packages. They paid off each time, but it was a huge hassle and left sour feelings.

FedEx has a location real convenient to me (used to be a Kinko's copy place) now FedEx Office. I have their web app hooked in to my web store, so the customer compares USPS and FedEx rates, chooses a particular rate & delivery time and makes their order. I just click a few buttons and it prints a shipping label. I take it to the FedEx Office counter and it is billed on my account. (I have the same setup with USPS, and it is pretty much as easy with them. but, due to the great price with FedEx Home Delivery, most customers in the US choose that.)

Oh, and NEVER, ever, even once had anything damaged by FedEx!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Some years ago, before FedEx bought out Roadway Package Systems and made their ground service a lot more convenient for the retail customer, UPS used to set up a tent, and actually a pretty BIG one at that, outside their main counter during November and December. They had amazing lines of people bringing in stuff on 2-wheel carts!

I assume FedEx and other services have made this less of a circus scene than it used to be.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Silence so far. The NXP ARM chips are wildly underspecified, especially analog-type things like clocking, ADC behavior, things like that. And they don't seem to know much about this stuff. I wonder if they just purchased a heap of IP and tossed it into the chip design.

John