Brain Running Slow This A.M. - Time Delay from Laplace ??

My brain is running on slow this A.M.

I can't remember how to calculate time delay versus frequency, given the Laplace transform.

Please refresh my brain cells.

Thanks!

...Jim Thompson

Given your first post, I would have answered as Mr. Gaddi did. However, it seems now that you want either group delay or phase delay. Since phase delay is pretty obvious, I'm guessing it's group delay that you want. Given the Laplace transfer function, F(s), substitue j*w for s, then take the derivative of phase with respect to w. That is group delay. (Pronounce 'w' as omega.)

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com

That's how to INSERT delay.

Given F(s), what's the time delay versus omega?

...Jim Thompson

Thanks! It's coming back to me.. d(phase)/d(omega)

...Jim Thompson

IIRC, L{y(t - d)} = Y(s) * e^(-ds)

Reply to
Rob Gaddi

But I build only anticipatory circuits ;-)

...Jim Thompson

don't forget the negative sign!:

-dø GD = ---- dw

Reply to