PIC Development Tools

There is a new company producing PIC microcontrollers development tools.

You can find the PIC-01 kit on their website or on eBay. Does anybody use it? I can't find any users' opinions about this.

Reply to
glogin

glogin scrobe on the papyrus:

You should know since you're the guy selling it. Maybe there are no customers because the product is not so good.

--
John B
Reply to

Says the clumsy troll spammer (who thinks we are so naive that we haven't seen this ploy before).

*-*-*-*-*-*-handbills+*-*-*-*-*-jerk+incidentally+zz-zz+actively-engaging+PARTICIPATING+*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-PLASTER-*-*
*-*-*-*-SPAMMER+zz-zz+first-time

Ever thought of submitting it to a techie freelance writer? Perhaps he will submit a review to a periodical

--or is it such crap that you don't want to chance that?

Reply to
JeffM

FWIW, the web site is hideous. The background is a very sickly color, and gradating to dark off to the right like that is disorenting, and very hard on the eyes. The pix suck - couldn't you have figured out a way to hold the camera parallel to the PCB?

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

"LoginWay principal activities are design, development and manufacture electronic systems, especially microcontroller based Digital Electronic Engineering"

The English grammar isn't too good either.

Reply to
mc

Ya. Darker text and a lighter, solid color background would make it easier. Not to mention a properly lighted and oriented picture of the board itself. Remember, people will judge the product (even if not consciously) by how it's presented.

--
Rich Webb   Norfolk, VA
Reply to

I've never understood why some web site designers seem to think it's cool to put text in low contrast colors and/or put a distracting background behind it. It's like they don't actually want me to be able to read it. So I don't...

Reply to
Carl Smith

They think it is "creative" because it is uncommon. They don't realize it is uncommon because it doesn't work very well!

Reply to
mc

Dark blue on black is what makes my blood boil. I dive for the Back button whenever I see that monstrosity start to load.

--
Michael
Reply to

Red on black makes my brain seize up ;-)

...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

I saw some yellow text on mid blue earlier today. Almost unreadable.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Red on blue can be horrible. Your eye can't focus on both at the same time. Some people get headaches when their eyes try to switch back and forth too fast/often.

The is especially important for things like text where there are lost of boundaries between foreground and background.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Hal Murray

Sometimes what might be happening is that the designer's monitor is out of calibration and he doesn't know it.

Reply to
mc

I doubt it could be *that* out of calibration !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I've seen a few sites with very pale yellow on a white background. You can barely tell that there is any text there, let alone read any of it. I had to use the mouse to highlight the text so I could read it. I though about emailing the webmasters, but decided that that was the least of the problems on those sites.

BTW, have you ever had a look at:

?

prove it.
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I have now. ;-)

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

However blue on pale yellow can look really nice - in the 70's we used to get drawings from our US sister company that were in pale blue - seemed more pleasant to look at somehow and their staff always had yellow note pads too. Somehow they were just easier on the eye.

Ian

Reply to
Ian Bell

Yep, and there are so many places to find out what works and what does not. Porn sites tend to use really nasty combinations of colours

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

The picture gallery of the products page could have given me shaky legs 30 years ago. "Power indicator LED D2", whoa.... But for now, it just appears off in time frame.

The pricing is ok, I guess. Though it doesn't make sense to stock 4 boards that just differ by a recifier and a RS232. Just throw it in, and be done with it.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

I kinda doubt that's the case. I've seen way too many dark-blue-on-black text Web pages over the past ten years for them to have resulted from faulty monitors. I mean ... think about it: DARK blue; black. That screams "low contrast" to everyone who knows his/her colors. I think those page designers are punks and goths who leave their dark rooms only after sunset.

-- Michael

Reply to
Michael