Boycott Koch Brothers

You don't have to announce yourself Blobby. We all know you're a loser.

Reply to
krw

..under the stress of inanity and powered by cackles.

Reply to
Robert Baer

The same technique would work for Jim's inane output. Of course you'd miss the occasional sensible post - I can't remember when Jim last made one, but it has happened.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

n the world today than that.

mostly promote is the liberty of their manufacturing operations to pollute.

e extracting coal and oil aren't all that polluting (although open cut coal mining is pretty messy), forcing coal and oil buyers to pay a price that w ould cover the long term cost of the CO2 emission produce by burning the st uff as fuel would cut consumption and thus the Koch brother's cash flow.

IOW they don't share your political view, and would like more liberty. Can you not find a bigger deal to focus your energy on?

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

in the world today than that.

y mostly promote is the liberty of their manufacturing operations to pollut e.

ile extracting coal and oil aren't all that polluting (although open cut co al mining is pretty messy), forcing coal and oil buyers to pay a price that would cover the long term cost of the CO2 emission produce by burning the stuff as fuel would cut consumption and thus the Koch brother's cash flow.

n you not find a bigger deal to focus your energy on?

The problem about climate change denial is that it's not a matter of politi cal opinion - anthropogenic global warming is real, it's really happening a nd we really do have to do something about it. Exxon-Mobil already figures it into the costs of its operation north of the Arctic Circle.

The problem is that what the denialist propgaganda is aimed to do is to min imise public support for doing something about it now - when it's realitive ly cheap and easy - in favour of not doing anything that will cut the incom e of the fossil fuel extraction industry right now.

It's self-interested fraud, which incidentally makes a bad situation worse.

The people who are funding denialist propaganda are world-wreckers, and may end up getting tried and convicted for it by a modern version of the Nurem berg Trials, if they live long enough.

This may strike you as a hysterical over-reaction, but if you look at the e vidence in detail, it's a perfectly sober reaction to the real situation.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

More observations about you:

In the battle of wits you're an unarmed man.

Are you always an idiot, or just when I'm around?

I don't know what makes you so stupid, but it really works.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest person on earth.

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

The top 50% that means you have a net worth of about $81,000. Are sure you you don't rank hire than 50%? Mikek

Reply to
amdx

My estimate of your riches is somewhat less than a million dollars ( U.S. ) My estimate of your intelligence is about one standard deviation below mine.

But feel free to make a wager.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

As I recall Slowman whines all the time about no one hiring his wonderful ass... so he's a leach on society. ...Jim Thompson

There are billionaire political contributors on the left and on the right. The notable difference is that the conservatives usually get rich by making things and the leftists tend to get rich by wheeling and dealing money. Koch vs Soros, paper and petroleum products vs currency speculation. As a person whose primary function is to make things, I side with the Kochs.

I worked with a Koch operation on Oklahoma for a while, a products pipeline system. The people that I worked with there were great, although they did talk about basketball a lot.

Do you make things? What?

lunatic fringe electronics

Without saying anything about Bill, it's surprising sometimes how many people are on the edge. Some friends were well off living in Bethesda near DC until the wife got sick with Lime disease. She has other issues as well which were even harder to diagnose. They ended up living in Frederick where they now rent and when their second car blew up they have to borrow $4000 to pay for a replacement.

I think many don't realize how tenuous our safety nets are.

--

Rick
Reply to

About 50% of American households have negative or zero networth. But, most have that 42" flat screen TV!

If you did a quick analysis of your friends finances, would you find they could have saved money. Not finance a new car, not eat out several times a week, not have the latest phone with a very generous plan, not buying the kids everything they want, ride a bike instead of driving everywhere, drop the gym membership and exercise at home, etc, etc, etc. So many ways to save money.

As I've said before, I read the MMM Blog and the MMM forum, both aimed at saving enough that you can retire early, 30s, 40s, 50s and live well but frugally.

Start at the bottom (beginning)

Read what interests you,

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

snip

We already know your opinion Bill. I don't intend to debate it now, there is no point.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Which is just $399 these days, what's your point? Say they hadn't bought the TV which may have been $800 when they bought it (most likely

10 years ago when they were both working). That still doesn't change their lives in any significant way.

When did they eat out? I don't recall that. NEW car????!!! Both cars were 10+ years old. The one that blew up isn't worth putting an engine in. Cheaper to buy another *very* used car. Did you read what I wrote? What kids? They do ride bikes on days when the weather is not bad. He works 25-30 miles away, so he can't bike to work. Gym membership??? You so so ignorant of the rest of the world.

They were hit by medical costs that wiped them out. They lost their home and are living paycheck to paycheck, but just one now instead of two. A teacher's pay isn't so great. He was told the magnet school he works in doesn't have enough students, so next year he will have to teach an advanced class *and* a regular class at the *same time*. It's not like he is going to quit.

--

Rick
Reply to

Many people also have a monthly cable bill of $50 a month, ($600 a year) Add internet, a home Phone and Smart Phone bills and you can easily hit $3,000 a year.

OK, I just ask the question. Many people are broke but they earn twice that of someone saving 20% of their income. The better earning broke, just make no effort to economize and waste the valuable asset we call money. There are so many ways to cut back on spending. I just found this sight today, looks like a very helpful site.

"WELCOME TO MY $$$ BLOG! If you like talking about saving, hustling, getting rid of debt, early retirement, and my personal favorite - growing your net worth (I share mine here monthly), you will probably like this site. If you think money is lame, you probably won't."

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

That would be boring, besides we aren't liberals, we protect free speech, no matter how stupid it is. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

What does any of this have to do with people who end up with huge, unexpected medical bills? Everything you mention can be wiped out by a fairly small increase in obligations. That's not even counting the parts that are pure fantasy about how extravagantly others live.

--

Rick
Reply to

Not Jim boy. He don't care about the free speech of anyone he doesn't like.

--

Rick
Reply to

Free speech doesn't mean I have to listen. Only Democrats think that... in fact they think free speech gives them the right to ban other opinions from college campuses and to shout down any speakers who make it there.

If you clutter the group by giving Slowman a podium you can be killfiled also. ...Jim Thompson

Quite. You know very little about the subject, and you have no intention of learning enough to have a useful opinion.

That's the right-wing nitwit way - incorrigible ignorance.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to