USB to local bus devices

My Dear Sir,

We are interested in the device which can convert USB to local bus. The local bus is 16 bit wide, do you have device to support the following configuration:

-------------------- | | ==> Address Bus 20 bits USB | USB to Local Bus | Data Bus 16 bits | | Control Bus --------------------

Can you suggest any particular device(s) part number and associated RDK.

With regards.

B. Jaipal Reddy

jaipal

John Speth

Yes. Just about any microcontroller with USB will do the job. My current favorite is the STM32. I've successfully used the IAR Embedded Workbench on that device.

JJS

John Speth

ss Bus 20 bits

rol Bus

.

rrent

ch on

Yes, any single chip USB micro will do. But with 36+ I/Os, it will have to be a big chip. You can use a small USB chip and one or more CPLD for demultiplexing. We are planning on Atmega32u2 + XC9536XL(s) for our project.

Reply to
linnix

s Bus 20 bits

ol Bus

FTDI ft2232 (and probably a few others from them) has a mode where it acts like a 8051 microcontroller bus

Netchip (now part of PLX) has a couple of parts that do USB-local bus

you could probably use a USB-PATA converter if you could live with only 3 address lines

cypress makes some chips they call 'west bridge' chips

a google search for 'usb local bus' returned several other hits (hint hint)

Reply to
Andy

jaipal skrev:

An AT32UC3A3xxx would do this, using High Speed USB.

--
Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson