book

Anybody got this? Comments? It is sort of expensive. Still, Barrie Gilbert is no slouch.

The introduction is interesting...

John

eader-link

Hadn't seen it but it looks tantalising!. Ideally could hold 1046 pages of fascinating insights. But ...!, Chapter1, first page preamble intro', turns up "formal mapping of function to structure. I promptly switched off. I'll guess it's 1048 pages of more of the same. Their hoped for sales "edge" being that they've added partial derivatives of all the usual textbook equations, in an effort to add 'intuitive feel'?? for the subject. (Probably a bit like that second book of Jim William's "Art science and personalitiies". A sad letdown from the first. Seemingly written by a group of pompous farts.)

Anyway, at that biblical price I'd need a flick through before shelling out money. john

Reply to
John Jardine.