Board to Board connections

Does anyone know where to get some small qty matching FPC sockets (32 to 48 1mm pitch) and cables (2 to 3 inches)? I might be able to get some sockets, but can't find any cable for less than 1Ku (basically, custom made).

Reply to
linnix

Um... dumb question - tried Digi-Key? Using a start search term of "FPC" and one search refinement later using your criteria, I found 143 items matching your requirements. Naturally, they are expensive as hell. But you can buy them in 1u qty.

Reply to
larwe

2

Not really. If you click the "In Stock" box for FPC cables, 0 item show up. Basically, they are "custom made".

Reply to
linnix

saw 30 and 34 pin on ebay - maybe email the guy for other products?

1 Lucky Texan

Yeah, but on nearly no lead time.

--
Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology
Email address is currently out of order

If it's expensive and hard to get, why not use something else, like a regular or high-density ribbon cable and pin headers?

John

FPC sockets and cables are lower profile. Unfortunately, I can't find

1mm pitch over 30 pins. I want to avoid 0.5mm pitch. Might use two sets of FPCs instead. I can get custom cables for less than a quarter each @ 10Ku, but can't use that many in my life time.
Reply to
linnix

32

Try Samtec. They don't seem to mind selling small quantities of their connectors and cables.

Reply to
Leon

rs-components has some. Dunno whether they are stocked. Sure about 1mm pitch? Usually it's 0.5mm.

nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel