Solder balls for reballing a BGA

I need to reball some BGAs with Pb37/Sn63 solder balls. I need about 10,000 balls. Does anyone know where I can buy them? I found a few places selling lead-free solder balls, and a few places that sell solder balls by the millions, and several manufacturers that don't sell direct. But I can't find anyplace to buy a small qty (~10k) of PbSn solder balls. Thanks for any info.

Some of the BGAs are 1mm pitch, but most are 0.5mm. So I need two sizes of balls.

Btw, I have never actually reballed a BGA before, so if anyone has any pointers about good techniques, let me know. I am going to practice on the cheaper chips till I figure out what I am doing.

-bob

Reply to
bob3635

This place sells reballing kits

I have not personally used them.

Kit Contents: Fluxpen Vial of 50,000 Solder Balls. Choice of 20 mil, 25 mil or 30 mil solder spheres. Choice of Sn63/Pb37 or Sn10/Pb90 solder alloy. 1 standard stencil (component specific).

Hope that helps.

Anthony Low Cost Soldering Techniques Video Guide

Tony Burch

Thanks for the info. But it really didn't help me because they don't sell the 12mil balls that I need. They also don't list any prices, or apparently, any way to actually order their products. I often wonder how companies like this stay in business.

Anyway, I ended up buying the solder balls I needed from

I paid about $80 for 20,000 12mil 63Sn37Pb solder balls.

Reply to
Bob

ebay will help you:

*