Stepper Motor Connector

I found some nice stepper motors in the surplus bin, but I don't have any matching connectors. The ones on the motor are female, 1x6, moulded plastic, with what looks like 2mm pin spacing. Is this a standard connector? What should I look for in the catalogues to find a match?

TIA, Chris

Reply to
chrish57

If you can find a manufacturer\'s ID and model number on the motors then
you might be able to get the data sheet and, from that, get the
connector data you want.

If you can\'t, it just might be less of a hassle to cut off the connector
that\'s on there now, order new matching pairs, and go that way.

JF
Reply to
John Fields

I've found 2mm headers (vs. the US-standard 0.1") from suppliers like DigiKey, etc.

JM

Reply to
JohnM

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D SkycraftSurplus.com in Winter Park FL has em on aisle 6. Ask for Albee.

Reply to
BobG

snip

snip

Well, they are "Fuji Electrochemical Co SMB40-9608-A", but I can't seem to find them anywhere except on google (the links are mostly ebay and I guess the auctions have finished). =A0

I imagine cutting the wires will be the solution, just thought I might find nice matching connectors.

Chris

Reply to
chrish57