Blew the fuse in my multimeter, wanted to replace it, grabbed it, but

Working for big corporations has put more than one provider out of business.

Pick the name of any hosting service and you'll find both praise & condemnation.

More than one web host has gone belly up in short order. That's why I make sure I can change a host on short notice. More than one business has discovered that their web site was down and the hosting company's phone had been disconnected.

Sigh.

Anything you can't pick up from digikey, or the nearest street corner.

I have a question for you about your specialty. Are high power X-ray tubes a controlled item? Some idiot is trying to sell six, '60s vintage water cooled GE X-ray assemblies for $10,000 on Craiglist. I know where he got them, and that he's trying to make over 1900% profit.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Happened to our favorite Japanese restaurant. Suddenly their web site was gone, poof, and nobody answered the phone. Had they used my web host ... but ...

I thought more about a specific example, not a generic "You always do ...".

But in general, yes, I prefer not to design in anything unless it's available at places like Digikey _and_ somewhat consistently stocked. I have over 20 year of product design under my belt and learned that if the above is not the case that's an almost guaranteed purchasing nightmare in the future, meaning a red flag. The only exceptions are hardcore specialty parts such as hotrod RF semiconductors.

Also, I stay away from companies that are notorious for vaporware. We all know which ones those are.

I am only involved in the design of industrial x-ray gear, not medical. If you mean ECCN that would probably fall under 3A201.c (for the gear, not just the tube) but it contains some exemptions and I believe one is for medical.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.