Blew the fuse in my multimeter, wanted to replace it, grabbed it, but

Blew the fuse in my multimeter, wanted to replace it, grabbed it, but: ftp://panteltje.com/pub/multimeter_fuse_img_1953.jpg

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

... but ... man, oh man ... the server is broken. Again. Can't you get a real web hosting service? I mean, the $80 a year I pay for 1and1.com would really be bankrupting you, would it? And that does include the domain name fees.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Panteltje periodically forgets that he needs to wet his pants to keep the battery electrolyte rejuvenated :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Maybe he blew the fuse poking around inside his web server.

John

I use 1and1 here too. Their uptime seems pretty good, but I'm not thrilled with the (more than) occasional slowdown on their login / account management page. Sometimes it crawls!!

I cringe when I want to do a quickie website for someone and actually use their "Website Builder" app. What a piece of sh^t. Still, better than nothing!

FYI - Jan, I couldn't get your JPG either. Said there was a connection problem. Hope you figure it out.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

And he is no longer responding. Oh, oh ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

I was just thinking how few people use their free webspace, which they are actually paying for through their provider. I actually found a slow instructional page plus one interesting persons use of his page for Comcast.

greg

Reply to
GregS

Post it to a.b.s.e.

--
Paul Hovnanian  paul@hovnanian.com
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Joerg schrieb:

HTH

Reinhard

Reply to
Reinhard Zwirner

Yep, that part is the pits. But I only need it once in a while, to install an FTP for a client etc.

But the uptime is amazing.

That came with the package many years ago, the CD instantly became a coaster and I used MS-Word to do that :-)

[...]
--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

actually paying for

interesting

I have that as well. But it's not professional. You (usually) can't have your own domain name and then AT&T pawned off much their stuff to Yahoo.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Yet there's a bazillion different folks who are happy to host static web pages for very reasonable rates (I get mine through my ISP, but that's just laziness).

I use my home web page for personal stuff, like model airplane pictures and build blogs:

Tim Wescott
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Pull harder...

Reply to
PeterD

On a sunny day (Wed, 28 Apr 2010 08:21:38 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

Cool of, just moments after I posted that, the lights dimmed for about 2 seconds. then a few more seconds, and power went. I called them immediately (do you think the 'kid' reads this group, found my reference to the toorcon pdf, and gave it a try?) anyways I told them it was out next doors too, they were going to send somebody. So, then hours later power came back, I tried to call them to cancel that guys visit, but the number now told me that there was a general power failure in my area that would be fixed before half past seven in the evening. OK.... But now that it came back I have:

1) A defective 150 $ ethernet camera 2) What looks like a defective ethernet switch 3) What looks like a defective PC power supply. Can you spell 'SURGE'???? Of course I was not logging the mains, no proof... Anyways the whole lan is down, and I am now running this server directly from the ADSL modem... I really should buy a Honda generator, one that automatically kicks in. Power failures used to be rare, this is the third one in 2 month I think. So, they probably are busy installing the latest electronics ... Looks like I have to go buy some new stuff tomorrow.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:01:41 +0200) it happened Reinhard Zwirner wrote in :

No way can you upload pictures without power...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Jan Panteltje" schreef in bericht news:hr9jbe$8io$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net...

Saw the same phenomenon in lots of power supplies already. Best use two soldering irons to remove it. Looks like there is no place to mount a regular fuseholder in place.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

On a sunny day (Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:05:52 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

I am here, but the server will be down at times as I try to get everything working, if I can. I am not in the mood to start the backup server, cannot connect anything without LAN, and need it for other things now.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:31:07 -0400) it happened PeterD wrote in :

Yep, that should work, as it is now I soldered a thin wire over it.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Maybe convert regular uninsulated through-hold fuse clips to SMT by nipping the legs off..

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Soldered in? The photo is dark, so I might be missing something.

Do you have enough room to solder proper fuse clips to the board once you remove this one?