Blew the fuse in my multimeter, wanted to replace it, grabbed it, but

On a sunny day (Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:26:57 -0400) it happened Spehro Pefhany wrote in :

Any solution that sells more meters goes. That is assuming you make a profit, and it beats me how they can make a profit on these.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jo=3D

ut:

:-=3D

Ah... the pic looked like something was stuck in the 10A port. Happened to me. But looking at your second pic, I have an idea to poke it out of the hole from the back now... thanks.

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Buy the parts for 10,000 pieces for $8,500, pay people $2,500 to put them together, sell for $19,000. Do it often enough to cover your rent and pay for your BMW. No problem. ;-)

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Bullshit. A lot, but not all. Find one for:

NEC - MC-5800 - Hybrid RF/IF amplifier

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

is simila and is $1.99 quite often.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

when

some ISP

makes a lot of money that way :-)

It shows a one or two year package on the page I posted. I know several people who signed up for two years with then and paid in advance.

The way you damn everthing, except your own work?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You'd need at least a clue*4.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

when

some ISP

makes a lot of money that way :-)

Didn't find that but this would push the break-even out to 6-7 years. I'd like to keep a hosting provider pretty much forever :-)

Like where?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Better yet! - a PCB layout program that tracks your eyeball movements. You just stare at the two parts long enough (or maybe back and forth), and it autoroutes the trace!

Just be careful picking up your beer, or checking out the hot assistant walking down the hall. Might short your power rails or something...

Reply to
mpm

I have half a dozen of these here, and so do some clients now. They are great. The only thing that's a bit hokey are the yellow on switches. With some careful contact re-bending one can make them work again though.

The big Cen-Tech P37772 is quite good as well. Large tiltable LCD, Holster, and all that. Occasionally it seems to freeze in hold mode but it aint' so bad, other meters do that as well. For around $20 I can't complain:

Why don't they list prices anymore?

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

when

no

All

some ISP

clue makes a lot of money that way :-)

savings

because

Good luck with that with the way they go out of business, or get bought out. A current backup allows you to change to a new host in a few hours, if neccesary (And everthing goes just right). You should have the new site up a couple days to a week before the old one goes dark, so that DNS servers have time to update. I know too many people who expect everything to switch all at once. Some have taken a full week to ripple through DNS servers around the world.

Keeping the same provider isn't always a good idea. Some become strapped for cash and put off needed upgrades and repairs. Then you discover the creaking old server your files were on has died and their backup tapes are all defective. Some freinds had to change hosting sevice after a crash. The service restored their site with a three year old version and lost all their graphics.

Like hundreds of your posts where you bitch about how much harder it is to do your job because IC and other designers don't do theirs. Others, where you claim someone's design will blow up. You did that, at least once today.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Jones"

That site never listed prices, since it is used to order from their printed catalog for delivery.

is the site for the retail stores and it has the prices. BTW, they just switched over to their new website layout today.

shws the current price as $24.99

Is a nice meter. It normally sells for $59.99 but isn't listed on the retail site right now. I bought one for $39.99 a couple months ago. It has a sound level meter and light meter function the others don't

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

when

no

All

some ISP

clue makes a lot of money that way :-)

savings

because

That's what I check out before signing up. I don't always look at the price first.

You just summed it up (in the brackets). I lost count how many times people told me about a super deal and then stuff hit the fan.

I don't have a week. Yet.

Mine's been in business for a loooong time.

Care to quote?

I do on occasion give people warnings when I see danger lurking or something not working as intended, before they are headlong into spent budgets or into risky situations. As a consultant that's my duty.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

Jones"

Ah, thanks. The new site is slower but still works. Dropping speed is normal these days but the fact that it still works is, unfortunately, not always normal these days.

Now did you have to do that? I'm all drooling here. And finally a meter that doesn't come in this ugly bonbon-red.

--

:

when

no

All

some ISP

clue makes a lot of money that way :-)

savings

because

Management software on my provider's site allows me to speed up the DNS updates while making changes, drop back to slower updates when stable, so updates go out in hours, not days.

Grant.

--
http://bugs.id.au/
Reply to

Jones"

That meter is availible under other names, in the $99 to &139 range. I don't have that name handy at the moment. I had to retire another computer and there wasn't room on this hard drive for everything.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thak's ok if the new TTL has propogated around the world, before you change over. Still it's a good idea to have the content on both srevers for a few days to a week to make sure a business site is availibe to customers, and potential new customers. Also, it's a good adea to announce the upcoming changes and tell people to clear their Cache if they have problems.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Or get a decently priced and reputable provide in the first place. Then you never have to go through that trouble :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

How do you determine who is going to be 'reputable' next year, or even next week? You bitch about IC OEMs dropping ICs you used, yet they are considered reputable...

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I look at their financials and most of all their history. A company that does the telco/web infrastructure for some major corporations isn't going to vanish anytime soon. Of course that doesn't mean there's not a risk that they ditch a certain market segment some day and I go out with the bathwater. T'is life.

Jog my memory here. Which one? I tend not to use boutique chips and try to use 2nd sourceable stuff.