Blame Game Irony

Trump is already trying to place blame for the devastation of the coronavir us by blaming WHO. He has announced he will cut off funding of the organiz ation while they are investigated by... well, Trump I guess. Trouble is Tr ump, lacking the "total? authority he claims can't do more than hol d up funding appropriated by Congress for more than 45 days.

Trump's limp dick is showing.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricky C

irus by blaming WHO. He has announced he will cut off funding of the organ ization while they are investigated by... well, Trump I guess. Trouble is Trump, lacking the "total? authority he claims can't do more than h old up funding appropriated by Congress for more than 45 days.

The WHO APPLAUDED the lying Chicomms for "exemplary performance" Really? Th e Chicomms have LIED since DAY ONE about COVID19! Let WHO go begging at the feet of the Chicomms for money - they should be more than willing to cough up (so to speak).

Reply to
Flyguy

avirus by blaming WHO. He has announced he will cut off funding of the org anization while they are investigated by... well, Trump I guess. Trouble i s Trump, lacking the "total? authority he claims can't do more than hold up funding appropriated by Congress for more than 45 days.

The Chicomms have LIED since DAY ONE about COVID19! Let WHO go begging at t he feet of the Chicomms for money - they should be more than willing to cou gh up (so to speak).

Presumably China pays it's share of the costs of running WHO. The US has a long history of not paying their share of the costs of UN organisations who hadn't done exactly what the US would have liked them to have done at some poin t or other.

Flyguy is convinced that China lied about Covid-19 from the start, when the reality is that local administration in Wuhan tried to suppress the early suspicions amongst front-line doctors that they were seeing the start of a new epidemic. It didn't take all that many dead to get national attention a nd a more realistic approach, but Flyguy prefers to ignore everything that happened after mid-January 2020.

He hasn't got much of a brain, and finds it necessary to keep things very s imple, which mostly means wrong.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Well, of course, nothing was clearly known on 'day one'; the China response included useful data, and nothing in that data has been challenged in light of later knowledge, so...

A facile liar can blame China, or WHO, or even a vice-president who is 'in charge', but blame doesn't impress a virus. Ignore the dramatic blame-game, we need responsive organizations to coordinate actions that we take, and WHO can play a useful role. Continue WHO funding, encourage their initiatives, and... help them in other ways, we do want the whole world to shake off the pandemic.

Reply to
whit3rd

Actually the US is currently paying a lot more into WHO than China. Quite hard to work exactly how much because a lot of contribution is voluntary and in addition to the "assessed contribution".

Trump has (as the text of this article) had the asseses contribution reduced from $122M to $58, roughly from 4x China to 2 x China.

MK

Reply to
Michael Kellett

Flyguy wrote in news:c60feeae-3d89-4011-bb88- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

If only you and retards like you would die down.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

It seems that for the WHO, the USA /has/ been contributing more than its "fair" share (fairness here can be determined in so many ways that it is barely meaningful). But as a general point, the USA has a reputation for underfunding or withdrawing from UN bodies that don't fit with its political agenda.

Reply to
David Brown